Advertising - Effective or deceiving marketing?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by anonzzz, 2 Oct 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Advertising - Effective or deceiving marketing?

Earlier this year, I registered for a free photography tutorial webcast that was only available at a predefined time in one of the 3-time slots a day. The couple (Amy and Jordan) gave the impression that the session was LIVE and the audiences are encouraged to ask questions during the tutorial. I can see my questions and others scrolled up on the sidebar and the couple will pause for a few minutes every so often to answer some of the questions, just not mine.

The interesting part is the session is pre-recorded and not live. Robots or scripts will be injecting selected questions at a certain time to coincide with the answers given. I have my suspicion and signed up again for another session just to see the exact tutorial, questions, and answers.

I was quite offended. I have no problem watching a pre-recording but I do not like to be deceived. However, I have to give them some credit as it seems like a very effective marking scheme. Since then, my mailbox has been peppered with multiple offers for their courses.

I am just speaking about their marketing and not the actual content of their courses where some may find useful. What do you think?

Aik likes this.
  2. Aik

Aik New Member

Well, I think in your quest to learn about advertising, their advertising was effective to ensnare you. Ads are supposed to be:
    The acronym AIDA is the most basic yet effective model used for copy, or other writing. The acronym stands for:

• Attention (or Attract).
    • Interest.
    • Desire.
    • Action.