Any tips on printing landscape images.

Discussion in 'Help' started by puppetwarp, 10 Sep 2022.

1. puppetwarp

puppetwarp Gold Nova

No Limit
    As a bit of fun I have recently started taking landscape/seascape images and family and friends have asked me for prints of some of them.

Would love any tips on best sizes of prints to offer and sizes that make the printing experience easier.

Any tips on the best aspect ratio to shoot in camera 3:2 or 4:3 or even 16:9 that makes printing different standard sizes easier....without having to crop out large parts of the image.

If you could recommend any tutorials that we have in the community with regards to printing...that would also be great.

I shoot Sony full frame and I use Photoshop/Camera Raw to process my images.

Puppetwarp.

2. petersan

petersan Gold

No Limit
  3. Scragness

Scragness New Member

@puppetwarp I know you posted this a year ago, but how did you get on?

I prefer wide shots for landscapes and seascapes. Typically I will pan with a not so wide lens, so I will end up with three files say, and stitch them in Photoshop. I do that so I get a decent high final image resolution, rather than using a wide angle lens and having to crop.

You might want to do it on a tripod, and in manual exposure (so the exposure remains constant)

Let us know how you get on, happy panning!