Asian/Chinese/Korean Photo Retouching Tutorial

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by saarvendra, 10 Apr 2020.

1. saarvendra

saarvendra New Member

Can Anyone Tell How to Retouch these kind..I didn't get any tutorial Please post if anyone has these or name the tutorial that i can buy

Attached Files:

2. 2pawsalways

2pawsalways New Member

It depends on how much time you want to spend per image, but a relatively quick way to get super smooth skin (within photoshop) is to use an inverted High Pass filter. Copy the background layer and set the blend mode to overlay. Apply a High Pass filter using a pixel width that adds a layer of sharpening relative to the eyes. I find that usually 9px works well, but it changes depending on the scale of the subject in the image. Invert the layer and you will see everything goes a bit blurry. Then apply a solid mask to the layer and grab a white brush and brush over skin to selectively apply this blurring effect. Once you've brushed all visible skin drop the layer opacity to an amount that looks good to you. This is relatively quick and works really well for smoothing skin!

Works even better when you combine it with simple color blending... Use "i" to sample a color and then switch to a super feathered brush and paint the surrounding area. Start with a super low brush opacity around 10%. Use this to blend any red or dark spots on the skin. You'll probably go a bit overboard, but just drop the layer opacity once you're finished.

Good luck

3. giaponese

giaponese New Member

Newcomer
    use imagenomic portraiture (ps plugin), it's fasts and gives pretty decent results.

4. Phakamile

Phakamile Gold

No Limit
    Firstly the model has to have good skin, then she needs to apply some baby oil evenly on her skin. lighting used looks like a white beauty dish. use frequency separation combined with mixer brush techniques.

plus local dodge and burn.

5. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Nope, Skinfiner is better and faster with less plastic-ky looking skin

ponnu_78 likes this.
  6. Phakamile

Phakamile Gold

No Limit
    Any plugin used gives one less control due to automated processing.. though skinfiner is a plugin i respect but, for this scenario its application would not produce good results and repeatable results

Last edited: 11 Apr 2020
    m0rpheus likes this.
  7. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Yeah I am just comparing it to portraiture, in context to the given images above I think a normal retouching workflow will do, RAW files are preferred as some of areas seems overexposed or not properly lit

8. saarvendra

saarvendra New Member

Thanks all for details...