Audio courses?

Discussion in 'Help' started by curiousdude, 24 Mar 2024.

1. curiousdude

curiousdude Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Are audio related courses ok? For instance, maybe a course on processing audio for voiceovers, or mixing audio for a video. Or sound design. I'm not referring to all audio production, but audio as it relates to the intent of this group - so mostly video related or tangentially related, stuff that video creators will likely need to learn at some point.

If these are OK, where would I put them? The video section seems obviously geared toward video production and the audio seems to be specifically for actual audio, like tracks and SFX. I guess I could stick them in the "Other Related..." section, just mostly wasn't sure how explicitly related to video they needed to be.

Thanks!

Last edited: 24 Mar 2024
    dofmaximus likes this.
  2. xtremecoder

xtremecoder Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    yes, you can post

curiousdude likes this.
  3. Dave.Rich

Dave.Rich Silver III

I am probably wrong here but I thought the video section was for any photography/videography content that would be consumed via video tutorials. So audio processing courses that are delivered in a video format would fall under this.

That atleast to me would make the most sense but curious to hear a second opinion

4. curiousdude

curiousdude Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    No, the photography video tutorials go in the photography section, under the appropriate creator subsection (if applicable). The video section is defined as being about Videography. The audio section is defined as being about "Sound Elements" (these are all what the admins defined - you can hover over each section and see tooltips). This is why I asked this question. Personally, I would consider audio as it relates to video to go under the video section (for instance, sound design for video editing seems like a no brainer), but I asked this question because there were some more nebulous courses I had about sound processing that I found helpful for video purposes, but where the course creator had targeted sound engineers instead of video creators.