Bad links and mirrors

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by Kocaman, 22 Dec 2019.

1. Kocaman

Kocaman Gold Nova

Trusted No Limit
    I think you and @lkngood should come to agreement that you are free to mirror any of her dead links.

2. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I think it's none of your business and until you become an administrator, respect this FOUNDER.
    This post was made in April of 2018. I'm not gonna spend all my time reupping something because somebody missed a post, or was just too "late". Content is added constantly on this site. Be grateful, and check new posts DAILY so you don't miss anything. That being said......I'm reuploading AGAIN. LAST time.

Last edited: 22 Dec 2019
  3. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    If you want respect you should also show respect. A founder is not just a title. He/She must be a role model for this community. To follow the rules first of all.
    In the rules it is clearly stated that the OP must check and keep the links alive. It does not matter how old it is. Why? Because new members sign up every day and some of them could be interested in a specific, older item. So, keeping an older item is a win-win, both for the person that will get what he needs and for the OP that will get a like. And for this community as a whole in it's mission to creating a complete database with good working links to valuable photo-video items.
    If anyone else wants to post a mirror for a DEAD link he/she is more than welcome to post a mirror (and by doing this he/she is actually helping the OP - because a dead thread will be moved to trash after a week and the OP will lose the likes). anonzzz has actually requested your permission (even is she did not need it) to post a mirror. Mirroring a dead link is encouraged to keep the item alive and have a fresh link ASAP. If the OP fixes the link he can request the mirror to be removed.
    I agree that space could be an issue, but there are ways to gain more space (multiple accounts, paid accounts, etc.)

absentia, NanaNikon and Kocaman like this.
  4. Kocaman

Kocaman Gold Nova

Trusted No Limit
    I think she got a bit frustrated, frustration can get the best of us at times.
    Is there a possibility of altering/clarifying the rules regarding with threads with dead links/mirrors. I cannot recall rules stating specifically stating that permission must be granted by the OP for someone else to mirror the link. Can we get some update/specific information regarding whether anyone has the right to provide mirror without the consent of the OP. Also I think its quite harsh for the OP to lose all of his likes/TP once the thread is marked dead. Perhaps he should just loose the likes after the link was marked dead?

Furthermore, I have seen members which had dead links for over a 1 week period, rules state that thread will be marked dead. I remember @convectuoso having multiple threads with dead links for a longer period of time. Do some members get special treatment? Can we get a universal rule that applies to everyone, I know he had a special circumstance with regards to losing his whole mega drive account but I don't think we have the man power to check all threads promptly whether they are dead or not as this does not only apply to @convectuoso, there was other threads too. Perhaps a more automated approach will be a good idea, i.e. some one states link is dead, OP has X number of days to provide mirror, if not then anyone can provide a mirror within X days after that or from the start of the dead link notification.

NanaNikon likes this.
  5. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

I see. I guess it really IS my fault. Shouldn't have uploaded so much that i can't keep it all online 24/7, for anyone at anytime.
    anonzzz is a gem to ask me first, though she obviously does not have to according to the "rule".

And i don't earn likes anymore so that is not the issue.
    Reckon I'll leave the uploading now to the newbies, and others......

6. h1ghm1nd

h1ghm1nd p-v.club fan

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    If you need help with some bigger files, I can mirror them for you, just let me know.

salleno, absentia, NanaNikon and 2 others like this.
  7. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

....h1ghm1nd...always the champ. :):)

salleno and anonzzz like this.
  8. george

george Administrator

Please do not take this the wrong way.
    I really appreciate all the threads(and the quality content) you have posted. And that is why I do not want them to die. If you cannot keep all the links online, just ask h1ghm1nd for help and he will gladly make a mirror.

absentia likes this.
  9. george

george Administrator

The rules apply to everyone, and of course the Staff must follow the rules and they should be a role model.
    As the forum grows, new rules are added so that is why is important to re-visit the rules thread when you can.
    If you see a dead link you should report it. Threads that are not reported are considered alive.
    The OP will lose ALL of the likes(but no TP) and the period was increased to one month.
    I have also updated the rules.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Dec 2020
    Kocaman and lkngood like this.
  10. artcreator97

artcreator97 Gold

No Limit
    Dont take comments/suggestions/complains as attacks to you in general. You create unnecessary frustration mostly for you. Your contribution is highly respected in this site and i believe at least old members know the cost to keep alive the threads. Just try to find the best available/non costly way to continue your contributions in site.

absentia likes this.