best marketing / seo / business courses

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by khabibos, 24 Apr 2020.

1. khabibos

khabibos Silver IV

No Limit
    hello everyone . looking for suggestions . in your opinion what are the best courses on how to market your photography and how to gain instagram followers and email-lists and also some courses on seo and keywords to appears first on google ...etc
    - please suggest courses that have practical advice and email lists that helped you gain followers not motivational stuff .
    thank you

NanaNikon likes this.
  2. born2day

born2day New Member

I would suggest you the books:
    (in order of importance)
    berger - contagious
    vaynerchuck - the thank you economy
    cialdini - presuasion
    you can find them on internet probably even summarized.

Also seth godin has a blog well regarded as one of the best in marketing.
    The road is not short and there are no shortcuts for success, but i hope that those sources can help you out, good luck!:cool:

NanaNikon likes this.
  3. khabibos

khabibos Silver IV

No Limit
    thank you .

NanaNikon and born2day like this.
  4. balenciphoto

balenciphoto Gold

No Limit
    I am on 1st-2nd rank on results in my area for all my photography services.
    I would recommend for SEO: (its not photography focused but it's so complete that you can rank anything you want)
    Stephen Floyd - Bullet proof local seo
    Matt Diggity - The Lab
    All reports from SEO Intelligence Agency

Can't recommend anything specific for Instagram or e-mail... I don't think email works well for me, the open rate is so low that I decided to have a better way to maintain contact with prospects and clients (phone number)

I tried many things on Instagram, but everyone is trying the same thing (everyone wants to be Instagram famous). So using the same approach everyone is using will just waste your time if you want long-lasting results. Comment, like, follow, unfollow, blablabla....
    The approach that most don't want to do: be the really best on what you are making, deliver the best of the best of photography, and people will follow you. My 2cc

Last edited: 25 Apr 2020
    NanaNikon likes this.
  5. khabibos

khabibos Silver IV

No Limit
    i agree that being the best at what you do and being unique is important but some of the best vogue photographers have no more that a 1000 followers and a bad photographer who over-edits and over-use frequency separation with bad composition and lighting or follows the trendy neon night portraits has a million followers because they know how to market themselves.
    -so of course i wanna be unique the goal is always be an innovator not a follower but you need that marketing push at first and this is my weak point i don't know a lot about business and marketing and using hashtags and e-mails and i have to know about it so my art can reach others.
    thanks

NanaNikon likes this.
  6. balenciphoto

balenciphoto Gold

No Limit
    Yep I understand what you're saying and what you want. No right or wrong here, just saying what I decided to pursue after 4 years of photography. It depends on what you want from your life actually. I get probably 90% of my clients from google. Having 13k followers on insta doesn't translate to more clients to me. You can think 'well.. maybe if I had 100k or 200k it could be different' yeah I don't know, but sure there are some really good photographers that make more money than me and have only 1000 followers. If you want make a living for yourself you definitely don't need Instagram followers, there's a lot of better ways to make money than wasting your time trying to get followers.But I get what you want, you want some trick to people start following you, unfortunately I don't have a course to recommend you, but if you want followers just for the sake of having followers, promotions (free anything) I think is the way to go, or it was last time I checked... Partner with someone (you can pay to participate of large promotions), offer a free whatever and to participate people need to follow your profile... and boom, you'll have a toon of followers.

And last tip: If you want to market your photography using Instagram, you don't need that the followers
    necessarily follow YOU. You can always partner with someone with a lot of followers, give something of value, and then you can get your promotion without actually having a large following... that's one way around

Last edited: 26 Apr 2020
    Ruf1 and NanaNikon like this.
  7. khabibos

khabibos Silver IV

No Limit
    yes i agree followers don't necessarily translate into money . i guess i wasn't thinking of money i was thinking of your art reaching the most people possible. but i agree on what you said . thanks

Ruf1 and NanaNikon like this.