Color Grading Mountains

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by santonio, 3 Feb 2021.

1. santonio

santonio New Member

Hey guys,

does anyone have an idea how to edit mountains neutral like in this image?

The Problem I got is:
    The most of the time i try to get a good white balance the mountains get to bluish.
    If I adjust the white balance the color in the whole image changes. - So the colors I want warm or cool change in a way that I dont want.

If I adjust the blue color for instance desaturate - or just desaturate the selected mountains it gets too obvious.

Any recommendations whats going on in the picture below that i can improve my editing skills?

Paul_Ripke_Portfolio_Landscape_Monte_Rosa_1@2x-1920x1152.jpg

Walkman26 likes this.
  2. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Silver III

What I usually do is desaturate the blues and brush back saturation where needed

santonio likes this.
  3. heyjue

heyjue New Member

In photoshop, use masking layers to only work on the mountains without changing anything else
    In Lightroom use the brush tool (sorry my interface is in French, so I don't know what the English name is)
    You may find many tutorial on YouTube, and I'm sure you can find really good photoshop or Lightroom tutorial here too

mrlulhahhah and santonio like this.
  4. Walkman26

Walkman26 New Member

There are many ways you can achieve this aesthetic. But most accurately would be by using channels in PS to target specific tones (or to be precise, to target luminance) of that area. And use brush to cover that area.

santonio likes this.