Coronavirus......what impact will it have on Photographers/Videographers?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by puppetwarp, 12 Mar 2020.

1. puppetwarp

puppetwarp Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    My god thats awful.....Italy is getting it really tough.

2. foto glam

foto glam Gold

No Limit
    It’s a bad bad situation, i’m loosing all my photo session and events, sad but no helps from italian politics.

3. feedme123

feedme123 Silver III

I'm loosing wedding jobs. Anyone else in the same position?

Sgto Camion likes this.
  4. evertrying

evertrying New Member

All of my events and gigs are canceled, and I live in a country that relies heavily on tourism, I think we're going to have a bloodbath this season. Everyone will be affected, not just the creative industry.

Let's hope countries will react swiftly, so that this doesn't go on for too long then it needs to. Every one can help with the implementation of "social distancing".

This is a fantastic article so you can understand what's happening, and how you can help everyday, and protect yourself and the people around you.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

feedme123 likes this.
  5. feedme123

feedme123 Silver III

I agree 100%!

evertrying likes this.
  6. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Photo Retoucher on BPO, are now demanding designated cubicles, PC and tablet per head (no sharing until the virus is no longer active) and laptop if in case there will be a work from home if there will be lock down on cities.

7. jorgenzen

jorgenzen Silver III

I'm a freelancer. My income is dependent on my projects (which is now nothing at the moment). I have enough to live for another few months. Let's hope that everything will calm down soon.

8. drac67

drac67 New Member

I live in Spain. Here the situation is now quite critical, the infected population curve is going up a lot, and there are already enough deaths. We are not at the level of Italy, but if we follow this path, I don't know ...

The issue of buying a lot of toilet paper here... It is due to the compulsory mass confinement of people in their homes since last Friday, for quite a few days; but that is stupid, because food stores and shops for basic things are open, and you can go out to buy or go to the hospital in case of emergency.

For the majority of the population with mild or no symptoms, the motto is to stay home. If you have to go outside, keep distance from other people, cough in the arm, do not touch your face, wash your hands often, disinfect what you often touch at home, etc.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2020
  9. drac67

drac67 New Member

The issue is that Public Health is beginning to be overwhelmed with hospitalized and severe cases (even quite a few nurses and / or doctors in some regions), and cannot absorb more patients. Hence the mandatory confinement, for at least two weeks, but it seems that it will be insufficient.

Today it has been decided to close all the land borders of the country. On the other hand, people keep going to work (it is permitted for now), but some regional governments are urging for absolute confinement, because current actions seem insufficient.

It's pretty chaotic and tough for now. And we just started. Waiting...

P.S.: a very big hug to all the people of Italy ... Andrà tutto bene.

born2day likes this.
  10. GigiOnto

GigiOnto New Member

Italy is closed: no bar, no restaurants are open.
    No people in the streets.
    Long cues outside the supermarkets, 2 meters of distance each other.
    Industry are closing: freelance and small companies are completely destroyed
    By now people are resisting, but how long?
    Spring is coming, it is difficult to stay closed in our houses, often too small to keep the number of people living there.
    Hospitals are undersized for intensive care cases.

I am scared by UK.
    We are paying our bills, keeping people safe, but the UK government decided that 1/2 million of people can die without any problem.
    I'm sorry for the UK friends.
    Because of this criminal behaviour, all the rest of the world will fight to the virus for a long, long time.

Proud to be Italian.
    Andrà tutto bene.

tennner21 likes this.
  11. Lion

Lion Gold Nova

No Limit
    The peak of the epidemic in Europe will be in about 2 or 3 weeks, then about five weeks will decline. So until May there will be a danger of infection is quite large. I am a doctor by profession, doing cardiac surgery, doing heart surgery. Three people with the gene were brought to the hospital yesterday - we will study. And yet, the main thing guys do not need to panic,
    the chance of getting infected is somewhere around 7% and if you are young and you don’t have any pathologies then the chance of dying is 1 to 1.000.000. Health to all!

creep387, cassini and puppetwarp like this.
  12. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Well, Dr. @Lion, we wish you well and with your team hoping everything will run smoothly with your findings. ;) Kindly do keep us, updated.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2020
    Lion likes this.
  13. Shark13

Shark13 Silver I

You were one of the few countries that went against globalization, and now it pays off. These monsters that rule the world are very difficult to defeat.

14. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Keep safe everyone and take care. And let us pray that there will be a vaccine that could fight this crisis for Covid-19 viruses ASAP. Regards.

15. doubleb

doubleb New Member

Its crazy how quickly this situation escalated. Good luck to you!

16. NanaNikon

NanaNikon Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    HAHAHAHA RIGHT!?!?

I've taken a break from my business this year, so I can focus on learning both shotting techniques and the business side that I've been getting wrong... but I can say it's hitting the US hard, and photographers of all genres are feeling this devastation in not only their personal lives, but their businesses are definitely suffering.

Our stores are empty, and yeah, what's up with the TB hoarding?

tyreeseb_pp, chavonne14 and Kocaman like this.
  17. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    This, pretty much, sums up everything!
    OJhCdMw.jpg

born2day, bbrooks, evertrying and 3 others like this.
  18. Sgto Camion

Sgto Camion Silver IV

No Limit
    I live in a country in South America, here the government took drastic measures from the beginning. First it was voluntary isolation but nobody respected that norm, so after 3 or 4 days a state of emergency was decreed, the army took to the streets and a curfew from 6pm until 6am. Only the food businesses are authorized to operate (sale of supplies). Public transportation, security and cleaning. Work is from home. Airports are closed from the start. We have been quarantined for 25 days and after 20k tests we have 2400 infected and 92 dead. Weddings are canceled for at least 2 months, newborn and children sessions too. Basically everything is stopped. In the interior of the country people have not followed the norms and the cases are increasing a lot. The quarantine is supposed to end on April 12, but since we expect the peak of cases to be in 8 or 10 days, it is most likely to be postponed. Sorry for my english

19. born2day

born2day New Member

Don't worry i guess most of us aren't native english speaker either.

As an update on Italian situation here we are almost everyone at home, therefore in the last days contagion percentages have been heavily dropping,,, still there is no sign of reopening.

20. Lion

Lion Gold Nova

No Limit
    In Italy, 8 to 9 thousand people die of the flu every year alone. In fact, the media is fanning this panic and no matter how hard it sounds, it’s better that more people get sick, as we will get immunity.
    On the other hand, all this is very similar to some kind of conspiracy and after the pandemic it will be necessary to analyze who could benefit from it, but this is my personal point of view and I do not urge anyone to look for the guilty. Take care of yourself.