Dead Dave Dugdale - Sony a7R II Getting Started in Video

Discussion in 'Trash' started by carpediem, 24 Dec 2018.

1. carpediem

carpediem Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    a7rii-tn-large.jpg

Are you interested in shooting video with your Sony a7Rii, but not sure where to start? This course will get you up to speed quickly. Get instant access and start watching now.

This is a beginner level course and advanced too, about 5 hours is at a beginner level, however the chapter on Slog2 is a very advanced chapter. If you are a beginner I would suggest skipping the Slog2 chapter until you have used the camera for about 6 months and then return to watch the Slog2 chapter. This course covers the camera in great detail (everything video related in the manual and more), but it does not cover items sold separately from the camera, editing, rendering and photography features.

Follow along as I start fresh and reset all the menus as you follow along with me as I setup the a7Rii for video shooting. The menus can be very confusing when it comes to focus modes, codecs, compression, frame rates, I step you through each one and demo how they work.

Sony's manuals are biased towards photography and leave a lot to be desired when it comes to shooting video. This training course fills in those gaps and a lot more. The true value of this course is saving you weeks if not months of time testing your camera to get the best results.

Who is the course for? People that have never owned a Sony mirrorless camera before, or people that have had their camera for a while but never shot video. Or, this course is great for people who have not tested all the different settings.

This course is based in the latest a7Rii 2.00 firmware update which is almost identical to the most recent.

Course running time: 6 hours 15 minutes
    Level: Beginner/Advanced

http://www.learningvideo.com/store/a7rii_sales.php

[Mod Edit: Dead Link Removed]

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Mar 2021
    chrisschen, Geobots, abdrust and 15 others like this.
  2. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit