Dead Accounts=Dead Forum

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by visualsoft, 5 Feb 2023.

1. visualsoft

visualsoft Gold Nova

No Limit
    Hello guys,
    What do you think about the forum in last period? Which are your feelings?
    A lot of pending requests, a lot of calls for GB but not one partecipates.
    @h1ghm1nd is not present almost in 2 months.
    @george is not updating the forum, making it more affettive and active.
    Is it possibile with almost 21 000 users? Are all BOTS?

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    All good things come to an end. I remember the days the only place to find tutorials was at Lynda.com which sucked.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2023
  3. diosdado

diosdado Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    I found some were deadlinks like tutorials from 2018, some tutorial were uploaded in some website like 1fichier that out country cannot access in some country like ours, other uploaders said they have no storage or their storage is full causing the link deleted or cannot re upload again, other users are active to mirror the dead threads and other are active in GBs. Hoping that gold members could unlock 20 more clicks compared to regular members

Last edited: 5 Feb 2023
  4. ponnu_78

ponnu_78 Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Here active member very few, any GB I don`t see more than 30 members...! GB are not fulfilling on time, new tutorials not uploading.....

5. leyaka

leyaka Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    I also feel this, quality content posted recently is very minimal (in my opinion), and often when asking for reup of old stuff there is no reaction from OP or someone else. It's a pity cause really seems the old "energy" of the forum is a bit lost.

dinobytes likes this.
  6. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    One solution would be to invigorate the forum by YOU folks uploading material.....nuff said there.

Since admin does not notify ops of non working links, I have to rely on "finding" the posts each time i come to the forum. Which is a real pita.

If you can't find it here, you have to either keep looking elsewhere, or purchase it yourself. None of us is millionaires.

tradewithsindra and Cassidy like this.
  7. visualsoft

visualsoft Gold Nova

No Limit
    You are right we should all contribute but is not same thing uploading very minimal content ( for ex Digital background, PSD ). These stuff can be found everywhere.
    Members of this forum who do not upload pay a membership for having a gold. It means the donation is needed for buying new stuff and maintaincing the forum working.
    When GB are organized almost usually there is extra money from extra partecipations , so these donation should be invested for new stuff and maintenancing the forum functioning.
    My opinion.

Northlight likes this.
  8. lunareclipse

lunareclipse Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    I’m usually down for gb but no one seems to get the ball rolling to get on it.. there’s a nice few times I tagged a mod and no response back. We just done gbs anyways in another group I was in and organized it ourselves

9. leyaka

leyaka Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Let me add that whenever I have some good stuff new/not posted yet (in most cases purchased with my money), I am immediately sharing, so I don't think it is fair to answer with "contribute yourself first". We are discussing, and it's a matter of fact recently there have been no high-quality tutorials or material shared. Moreover, some threads are just lost, take as an example the following one, it seems nobody knows or follows up on the last posts and requests: https://p-v.club/threads/the-archetype-process-monochrome.33945/page-4

10. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

wow. really? is it just tutorials we're talking about? 90% of what i post hasn't been shared anyplace before....alot i've purchased. You are in error by saying NO HIGH QUALITY material...all depends on what you are looking for and/or expecting.

11. lunareclipse

lunareclipse Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    I agree ^ I just wish there were more mods or admins for a group buys. Or at least have the option to just get together and do it ourselves..

tradewithsindra likes this.
  12. math

math Silver IV

No Limit
    Rare are the users who thank the fact of sharing (for my part) the approach and the time of research. I find it demotivating especially for the material to which we have personally invested. But is my opinion.

13. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Honestly - there is a lot of materiel on this site. Sure - there are lapsed posts and Group Buy "requests" in-process; that's just the way it is - but this forum is far from stagnant. I'll be the first to reflect on the fact I've got a touch of the "collector" virus; I've DL'd WAY more than I'll ever watch - and if I vacated the site today - there would be enough resources and tutorials to last me realistically two lifetimes; I'm not kidding.

Additionally - peeps have a life; there are probably only a couple handfuls of people that contribute on a consistent basis to this forum. I try to get new things from time to time - and definitely appreciate and participate in GBs - really a great feature of the site.

Lost threads present an opportunity for those [with the ability] to strategically gain associated likes and subsequent Trophy Points; thus eventually sustaining relatively free access. In time, Gold posts usually transition to regular posts for all members to freely DL.

But perhaps most importantly, it's probably best to take-away from the forum elements that resonant with your artistic process or particular interest; even if it's just the process of collecting the posts and rarely actually using or watching them. Give back something when ya can and enjoy the ride . . . or not . . . :cool:

14. tradewithsindra

tradewithsindra Gold Nova

No Limit
    This is very true. There would be SOOOO many more group buys if we had people to approve them. There have only been a very small number of the ones I have tried to join that have ever made it to approval

15. Nikon4life

Or worse . . . your bought and shared material gets "leaked" to a Noobie site for click-bait - - - LOL; or should I say SIS [sob-in-silence] . . .:(

16. lunareclipse

lunareclipse Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    I think that happens everywhere every time something is shared on the internet with it being digital media. I can remember when the site astatalk was on the go and I got a lot of content there, then I found cgpeers forum and got from there then I found this wonderful forum. I uploaded a bunch of stuff and of course it got leaked to somewhere else. Don’t get me wrong I’m pissed it got leaked, but I’m more than happy to share it here to all of your first.

17. Nikon4life

I agree 100% - everything I shared here eventually was leaked [sometimes within hours of initial posting] - but I like the vibe of this forum (even with all of it's "flaws" - but the Mods are fair and honest effort is made in trying to maintain the gears . . . I don't necessarily see any icebergs on the horizon . . . :D

18. diosdado

diosdado Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    is there are method to prevent the leaks?

19. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    What I find interesting is before discovering this club I had no idea who the vast majority of these photography instructors are. If they weren't at KelbyOne or CreativeLive, they simply didn't exist. So I have this site to thank for learning who all these educators are.

lkngood likes this.
  20. carloslara

carloslara Silver III

Gold Member