Gold Dehancer Pro for Final Cut Pro 2.0.1 [U2B]

Discussion in 'Video Effects' started by grenice, 29 Aug 2023.

1. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit

dehancer-2.0-for-final-cut-pro-large.jpg

What’s new?

• Film Damage tool

• Tool presets

• Lots of internal improvements

Dehancer FCP System requirements
    Hardware requirements:

• Apple Mac, Mid 2012 or newer with Metal-enabled GPU
    • Compatible with Apple Silicon (using Rosetta)
    Software compatibility:

• macOS: 10.15 (Catalina) or higher
    • Apple Motion: 5.5.3 or higher
    • Final Cut Pro: 10.5.4 or higher

Follow this link to join: https://blog.dehancer.com/beta-testing/dehancer-for-final-cut-pro-beta/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Dehancer Pro 2.0.1 U2B[k] by Dubhead1

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

Last edited: 1 Jan 2024
    marcinbyk, sam79, sebweg90 and 65 others like this.
  2. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Has anybody been successful?

3. zomba

zomba New Member

Not me. On my Intel-based MacBookPro (Late 2019, Ventura 13.5.1) and FCPX 10.6.8 hex edits using Hex Fiend make the plugin crash (red screen).

I also tried the approach that works with v.1:

1. Installed DehancerProMetalInstaller_FCP_x86_64_arm64_v2_0_0-beta.4.pkg.
    2. Used these commands to make replacements from the post #1:

Code:
    sudo perl -pi -e 's/\x55\x48\x89\xe5\x41\x57\x41\x56\x53\x48\x83\xec\x18\x49\x89\xfe\xc7/\xc3\x48\x89\xe5\x41\x57\x41\x56\x53\x48\x83\xec\x18\x49\x89\xfe\xc7/g' /Applications/Dehancer\ Pro\ FCP\ v2.app/Contents/PlugIns/DehancerProFCP_XPC.pluginkit/Contents/MacOS/DehancerProFCP_XPC
    Code:
    sudo perl -pi -e 's/\xff\x03\x03\xd1\xfd\x7b\x0b\xa9\xfd\xc3\x02\x91\xa0\x83\x1f\xf8\xa8/\xc0\x03\x5f\xd6\xfd\x7b\x0b\xa9\xfd\xc3\x02\x91\xa0\x83\x1f\xf8\xa8/g' /Applications/Dehancer\ Pro\ FCP\ v2.app/Contents/PlugIns/DehancerProFCP_XPC.pluginkit/Contents/MacOS/DehancerProFCP_XPC
    (It'll ask your password)

After that – codesign:
    Code:
    sudo codesign -f -s - /Applications/Dehancer\ Pro\ FCP\ v2.app/Contents/PlugIns/DehancerProFCP_XPC.pluginkit/Contents/MacOS/DehancerProFCP_XPC
    Using this method, the plugin no longer crashes; unfortunately, the watermark remains there.

Maybe someone more advanced can use this information to push the process further and achieve success for all of us.

Thank you!

Last edited: 30 Aug 2023
    k2h and Jayess like this.
  4. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Do you know if this installs next to Version 1.3.0 that works? or does it over write that plugin? In other words if you choose film emulation in the Efex are there now 2 Dehancer options? Just want to check before or try it.
    Since my version 1.3.0 works perfectly fine, I do not want to mess that one up,
    Thanks for any information :cool:

5. zomba

zomba New Member

Yes, you'll have two options! I have my unwatermarked 1.0.0. next to the watermarked 2.0.0. The same situation is in the Applications and Library records. Here is the screenshot-proof.

P.S. I'm jealous of your working 1.3.0 :))))

Snook likes this.
  6. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    it is actually Dehancer version 1.3.1 which I am pretty sure has been shared here or no?
    If not, next week I can try to share it or maybe @grenice has or would be willing to share it..

seymourmills and zomba like this.
  7. kullumphoto

kullumphoto Silver I

Gold Member
    So I had followed this method and it works with no watermark!

zomba likes this.
  8. Jack

Jack New Member

Since the "Beta" got updated to v4.0 -- Does this method work with v4 or has anyone been able to modify anything for v4 yet? Please advise.

9. kullumphoto

kullumphoto Silver I

Gold Member
    I have using the terminal method @zomba posted

10. kullumphoto

kullumphoto Silver I

Gold Member
    Oh okay sorry I have a M1 MacBook Pro

11. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Beautiful!!! it works, Thank you!!!!!

zomba and kullumphoto like this.
  12. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Yes, it is working for me V4 Beta on M1 Silicon :D

Jack and kullumphoto like this.
  13. Jack

Jack New Member

Can't get it to even work :( I downloaded & installed from the Dehancer's own link in post#1 and without any modification, I get an error that "installed version of FxPlug plugin in not supported by Apple Silicon" - it did not even launch. Atleast, it should launch when I run FCP...even if its in demo mode?

Then, I tried all the modifications listed in post#1 using Hex Fiend and ran FCP, still I get the same error message.

Please advise what to do next? (PS: I am running on M1, Big Sur 11.7.9, FCP 10.6.1)

Attached Files:

14. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Install the Beta Again, open you FCPX to mark sure it is working and giving you the watermark, The just do the terminal commands shared above and forget about messing with the Hex software..
    The Hex edit was not working for me either this time so I installed the Beta v 4, the latest, again, downloaded all the camera profiles then ran the terminal commands above and it is working just perfectly, NO Watermarks. I am on M1 Monterey FCPX 10.6.5 but that should make NO difference. You should not get any Silicon warning of any kind because the plug in runs un rosetta , all their plugins run via rosetta in the back ground with out you having to do anything.
    SO try again...:cool:
    You warning says V2, download the latest version 4 but you should not get that warning at all...

EDIT*** You should be at least on FCPX 10.6.5 and is why the plug in is not working,,,
    I recommend 10.6.5 which is way better than the older versions by the way, specially with Silicon and many newer plugins.
    I would not install anything beyond 10.6.5 personally, but there s a way to conserve your older versions before installing newer ones, but you have to search YouTube for that.
    Basically your problem is you need to updated your FCPX which you should have done anyways if you are on M1 Mac.
    I actually have shared several versions of FCPX here in the forums..
    I would not install anything beyond 10.6.5 and is what I use daily.

Jack likes this.
  15. seymourmills

seymourmills New Member

Newcomer
    The Dehancer 2.0 command hack for FCP doesn't seem to work on Intel Macs. I tested it repeatedly on FCP 10.6.3, 6.5, 6.7, and 6.8 on Catalina, Monterey, and Ventura. As soon as you drag Dehancer to the timeline, you still get the watermark (even after restarting the Mac). Anyone using an Intel Mac get it to work, and if so, care to share you what you did?

16. Jack

Jack New Member

@Snook - Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation!!! Just as you advised, I reinstalled the latest Beta again and this time it launched allowing me to download the camera profiles, and finally, I did the Terminal commands instead of the Hex Fiend (which gave me red screen earlier). The Terminal commands worked for me, and I can successfully export without any watermark!

By the way ,FCP 10.6.1 worked fine - I just needed to update Xcode command line tools for the terminal commands to work properly. I've been holding off updating FCP due to recent issues, but it appears that 10.6.5 is the latest version which I would update to. Next thing is to update FCP to 10.6.5!

Again, thank you for your help and spending time shedding light on this issue. :cool:

Snook likes this.
  17. Jack

Jack New Member

Just out of curiosity - If anyone has tried this Beta and version 1.3.1 - which one has better performance? I tried the Beta v4 and the performance is so-so, not that good. Real-time playback on 4K clips is average at best, and Export takes such a long time..

18. muan

muan Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Yes , i am still on FCPX 10.6.5....

19. vxdragin

vxdragin Silver II

Gold Member
    V2 just came out. Does anyone know if the terminal commands work to remove the watermark? I tried it and wasn't successful.

20. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I saw on another forum that it does, apparently the guy erased the older Beta version first and did a fresh install, I have not tried myself, but if not you could always erase it and load the beta again which is probably not much different