Gold Dehancer Pro OFX 7.1.0 [K] MAC ***UPDATED

Discussion in 'Video Effects' started by Snook, 11 Aug 2023.

1. pasiv

pasiv Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    ——————
    I currently understand what you mean, drag the original file to the desktop and open it with an editor, put the code you provided into it for modification, and then drag it back to the original path to replace the file. do you mean this

2. s3Nthi

s3Nthi Gold

No Limit
    Facing the same issue, I can see the old 6.3 but not the new 7. I installed 7 and did the hex fix too.

3. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    erase everything version 7 then installed it and make sure it works as a demo first, then use the hex edit trick, depends I guess what hex editor you are using but I tried HexFein and it did not work for me, then I tried 10Hex Editor and it would not over write the file bc it says it was locked or whatever, so then I just saved the file to my desktop then replaced it with the older one and it works fine.
    I too had some "trouble" with Hexfein but used another hex editor and it works just fine.
    I could even download the camera profiles afterwards as well.
    Good luck keep trying bc it does work for M1 Silicon and Davinci 18.5.1 studio

Screen-Shot-2023-08-18-at-11-04-14-AM.png

Attached Files:

4. s3Nthi

s3Nthi Gold

No Limit
    Will try, I think what I also did wrong was that, i applied the edit on the already replaced file that was given and not the default file. I am also using 010 Editor

dong77 likes this.
  5. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Do not use the first link replacement file, start over with a fresh install after erasing the other file, test it with the demo mode, then use a hex editor, like I said 10hex won't let you save the file for some error but save it to your desktop then manually replace it with the one in the Contents folder, it works, trust me...
    Forget the first link which is for intel only :cool:
    I just uploaded a screen shot of it working

dong77 likes this.
  6. s3Nthi

s3Nthi Gold

No Limit
    I am using M2 Pro, I installed a fresh demo of 7, it's not showing up. I don't think 7.0 is supported on M2.
    It just mentions M1 on the documentation as well.

Attached Files:

dong77 likes this.
  7. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Could be but I highly doubt it as the version 7 just came out.
    And the guy who shared this trick with me wrote this
    "I got Dehancer Pro v7 to work on my MBP M2 Ventrua 13.5 + Resolve 18.5.1" so he is also on M2
    try this
    you might have a corrupt file left behind from the other installation you did
    Alt click go in your finder and go to library, Application support Black magic and erase the OFX PLUGINCahceV2.xml file
    That also happened to me..
    then start up Davinci, close DaVinci, installed the plug in again, make sure you erase it from your OFX folder, version 7, not version 6 if you have that installed, then install the plug in again, and see if it shows up in your filters as a demo. are you on Davinci 18.5.1?

8. s3Nthi

s3Nthi Gold

No Limit
    Hey, I am not able to find the Cache file in the BlackMagic folder inside Application Support folder.

I am on Resolve 18.5.1

Attached Files:

9. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    me either until I realized you have to Hold the Alt key down while clicking the go in the menu bar and clicking that library that shows up there... then application support---> Blackmagic etc etc
    Click the go in your standard menu bar in your desktop and hold the Alt key down and a library will show up there, go through that library...

10. s3Nthi

s3Nthi Gold

No Limit
    Hey thank you so much, so have been really helpful. Yup, I got the demo of 7.0 working, but haven't figured out how to remove the watermark tho.

Can you please explain the hex fix process.

This is what I did:
    I copied the "DehancerProMetal_arm64_x86_64_v7.ofx" to the desktop, opened it with 010 Editor, copied the code from "DOFX70MACOFX.rtf" file, pasted it just after the already existing code, saved it and then replaced it with the original file. Is this the way to do it?

Last edited: 18 Aug 2023
  11. Sirenfal

Sirenfal Silver I

Hey, it works for me but it is saying I need to buy the license to remove the watermark?

Snook likes this.
  12. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    But it is with out watermark right? Ofcourse it will say un licensed bc the hex takes the watermark off, it does not make it licensed but all functions work except exporting Lut's

13. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    you don't copy anything to the desktop, you save from your hex edit to the desktop and replace the original where it was.. you leave the original where it was while you are hex editing it.
    When you open your hex editor you drag the original file from the contents folder of the plugin, meaning you have to right click it to get contents and then drag that file to the hex editor so the app knows what file you are editing, then save the edited file from your hex editor to your desktop then drag that into the contents folder replacing "overwriting" the original. Any simpler than that I am not able to explain. Good luck

14. Sirenfal

Sirenfal Silver I

how do i install the hex? i am very new to this hex thing :/

15. s3Nthi

s3Nthi Gold

No Limit

Thank you and sorry for bugging you so much. I got what you said in this part. Just one thing, what exactly you do after opening the file in hex editor? Just copy the code below? Only that part remains unclear. Also I think @Sirenfal is asking the same. Please can you explain.

16. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Hey I am no expert at all, but most hex editors have a find and replace tool or just replace and you have to put the codes to find and replace them with the ones just like it says in my shared file. You have to find the first line and and replace with the second line and so on...
    https://imgur.com/a/IYA2SWw

17. s3Nthi

s3Nthi Gold

No Limit
    Can you please check the file, please? I think there might be some mixup, the file you have attached is just normal code and there is no instructions on a hex code to be replaced. Also it is the exact same code in your 6.3 file. Which you had suggested to run inside terminal.

Snook likes this.
  18. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    could be, I just re uploaded it just in case, it is the second link, try that...

19. FlyingDutchman79

FlyingDutchman79 New Member

Gold Member
    My Resolve also crashes with the modified hex code..

20. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Did you codesign it

Jypheal likes this.