Delicious retouch 4 Help

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Luca, 25 Mar 2019.

1. Luca

Luca Silver III

Does anyone here Delicious Retouch 4?

I'm curious to know if anyone knows what the delicious skin tool is doing? I want to learn how to manually apply this technique without using the program. I've already tried looking at the history but it doesn't show me what the tool is doing, if anyone can help me figure this out, I would appreciate it.

kmikdze likes this.
  2. InvisibleTouch

InvisibleTouch Silver IV

No Limit
    I remember him saying before in a post on MM that there was over 100 steps. Dont know if he was making it more dramatic or not.

3. alfern

alfern Silver IV

No Limit
    From the video on his website it looks to me like frequency separation, colormatch with curves and blendmodes, then some more blurring with dust and scratch filter, more curves - the eyes sharpening looks like curves blendmodes and unsharp mask/high pass filter. There's also a color mask being applied.. Then just some masking to mask it all in.

I would have done it with frequency separation with worklayers on clipping masks to make it non destructive. Then I would have used curves and smart sharpen on the white in eyes and curves and high pass on the iris to make it pop. The hair and eyebrows I would have masked with select and mask, to retouch and enhance..

I would have sampled colors on my way, or maybe made a color palette from samples, and used it with clipping masks. Maybe coloring/colordodging through luminosity masks either from the select color range or from a luminosity mask panel. Used smart sharpen and high pass to enhance details - high pass I would probably have used with overlay or vivid light blend modes.

To finish it off I would make two curve layers for burn and dodgeing and some curves for color toning, which I would have masked in.