Request DIGIFILM: Emulate a Digital or 16mm Film look EASILY

Discussion in 'Video Requests' started by pasiv, 22 Jan 2024.

1. pasiv

pasiv Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
  2. notforme004

notforme004 Silver III

Gold Member
  3. pasiv

pasiv Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
  4. fabian

fabian New Member

Gold Member
    Ya this would be great! +1

5. memememe

memememe New Member

Did anyone find this?

6. memememe

memememe New Member

+1 need it badly man

7. Caralhagemsp

Caralhagemsp New Member

Gold Member
  8. pasiv

pasiv Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    No :(

9. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Lol it has become an addiction ain't it? Acquisition addiction of softwares just like me, just to give it a try for first use and throw it away in the library of unused presets, luts and powergrades;).
    There are many better alternatives than this. Dehancer can do it, filmbox luts with proper halation and grain can do it and there are zillions of powergrades, Juan's, serr's, analogica's, mononodes's, cineprint, just to name a few. So cheer up.

imteee likes this.
  10. imteee

imteee Silver III

Gold Member
    This. The market for "Film Powergrade" has been so oversaturated thanks to the booming trend of 'film look' on Instagram. I get LUT helps you achieve the look in a quicker way but understanding what goes underneath a LUT by building one's own desired look is the most important. I've only used Serr's in combination with Mononodes' DCTL.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2024
    m0rpheus likes this.
  11. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Yup, powergrades and luts cant be copyrighted, so anyone can duplicate anything, give it a name, add some minor alterations and sell it.

There's a plot twist though, most youtuber selling powergrades maybe users from pv, downloading from here, repackaging and selling it, requesting it here to make other users to buy from him.
    Good marketing strategy.

My workflow is similar but in addition I use Tetra DCTLS in most of my shots.

imteee likes this.
  12. imteee

imteee Silver III

Gold Member
    I swear once one knows how to analyze the vector scope, they can build various looks by just solely using the mononodes colorshift which I am implementing in my workflow. And yes I believe the guys selling film powergrade know what they're doing.

m0rpheus likes this.
  13. pasiv

pasiv Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Yeah bro, I don't pay much attention to Powergrade anymore. Occasionally, I only pay attention to some particularly outstanding ones because Powergrade is too easy to copy. Just like how I usually copy some parts of Powergrade directly into my work, which makes work faster and more convenient

14. notforme004

notforme004 Silver III

Gold Member
    maybe this question is better suited elsewhere but what are some of the best resources you've used that helped you get to that point? I know nothing really substitutes for actual experience but any creators or courses come to mind at all?

imteee likes this.
  15. imteee

imteee Silver III

Gold Member
    I'd suggest Stefan Ringelschwandtner's Mononodes website (and his YT channel also), Cullen Kelly & Darren Mostyn's YT for the basics of Colorgrading. If you want to dive even deeper into a techincal-driven topics like color science or any specific techniques in colorgrading, just head into LiftGammaGain forum. Those sources tremendously helped me build in-depth knowledge of all this stuffs. Downloading movie stills and put them into Davinci and try to understand the scopes is what I am practicing.

notforme004 and pasiv like this.
  16. memememe

memememe New Member

I think, when you are talking about yourself, you should talk about yourself and not others, I already have dehancer, its great, in the last month alone i have used shift and dehancer on around 7 different projects, both commercial and personal. As far as digifilm is concerned, its by ragib, i have been watching him for 2 years now, and he is one of the very few people who grades in the way that i prefer, without converting slog2+itu709matrix to a rec709 instead going around it. Why i said i want digifilm is because of those reasons and also because almost all of the powergrades/plugins are too filmy, and i want to grade this in a new digital film kinda way

17. memememe

memememe New Member

Tell me a market in this world, which isnt saturated, everything is saturated. The point is every person has a different timeline,
    I have used mono, and idk i didn't like them as much, specia;;y now that splice is out. Anyways, the whole point is i am sure you all experimented, I am sure you all settled, and i am really sure all of you are very talented, but for alot of us its our learning, experimenting, using, and even dumping after one use phase, so i really don't get the passive policing.

18. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Yup I am talking about myself, good luck with your best powergrade in the world.

19. pasiv

pasiv Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Hey bro take it easy. His meaning is to let us not worry. maybe one day it will be shared

memememe and imteee like this.
  20. imteee

imteee Silver III

Gold Member
    My apologies if any words came off as condescending. My point is learn things as you go (by playing around with any powergrades, figuring out the technical aspect of every node in the tree) and once you've grown proficient in the basics, you'll be able to desconstruct someone else's grading that interests you and make it in your own way.

pasiv likes this.