Gold Domestika - Intimate Photography Portraits by Marta Mas Girones

Discussion in 'Photo Tutorials' started by gamlate, 2 Jul 2023.

1. gamlate

gamlate Silver IV

No Limit
    Discover a new approach to taking portraits from an honest and intimate perspective
    One of the challenges a portrait photographer faces when they stand behind the camera is to make their subject's personality shine through and be the real focus of attention. Marta Mas Girones—known on Instagram as leentrelineas—achieves this by tapping into a more intimate approach, with her own style that aims to explain the most honest truths of those in front of the camera.

In this course, experience and live Marta's photography to discover your own style by taking a series of photographs. Learn how a shoot works, from the initial contact with the models and directing them, to the choice of location, materials, light, and postproduction.

7592-big.jpg
    What will you learn in this online course?
    COURSE TABLE OF CONTENTS
    • U1
      Introduction
    • U2
      Get ready
    • U3
      Let's do it
    • U4
      Editing
    • FP
      Final project
    Start by getting to know Marta, where she comes from, and a little more about her professional background. She tells you about some of her biggest influences, which she calls "incendiaries" because they have been the spark that ignited her creative flame.

Before starting your shoot, Marta equips you with some tools to build a connection with your model and help you develop the concept of your photoshoot.

Find out how to choose a location depending on your desired outcome, taking into account how light enters each space and at different times of day as well as seasons. See how to take advantage of a space that, at first glance, doesn't seem attractive.

Marta gives you a detailed overview of the equipment she uses in each situation, starting with the camera and going through each of her objectives, which vary depending on whether she’s capturing a person, a group, or photos of events.

Now it's time to get to work! Begin your session by working with natural light indoors, starting with how to manage natural light from a window. Marta gives you some tools to unlock its full potential.

Learn to manage an interior space, deciding which elements work for the shoot and which to set aside so that the model and the space have a balanced role.

Discover some tools and everyday items that you can use to make your scenes more artistic, such as direct light or reflective items. This helps you add a special touch to your photographs.

Upload your images to Lightroom, where Marta shows you some editing tips to give your images a professional finish, then discover some ways to spread and show your work to get your name out there.

What is this course's project?
    Make your own series of photographic portraits that stand out and tell your own unique story.

7593-big.jpg

Who is this online course for?

Anyone with a curious, artistic mind and the desire to take portrait photos.

Requirements and materials
    You need basic knowledge of photography, a camera, and a computer installed with an image manipulation software like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or similar.

7594-big.jpg

Link: https://www.domestika.org/en/courses/669-intimate-photography-portraits

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

Takesu, kolonija, dariusfern and 56 others like this.
  2. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Thanks

3. mangpkk

mangpkk New Member

Link is dead

avad likes this.
  4. VENOM

VENOM Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Link are fine.

Dako likes this.
  5. avad

avad Gold

No Limit
    This is amazing

6. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    @gamlate Can you please add subtitles for it ?

7. gamlate

gamlate Silver IV

No Limit
    Hey, sorry, my bad, I just downloaded the whole file and the subtitles are there, in the subtitles folder.

The thing is, the first video is the trailer for the course and doesn't have any. The other problem is that all the files are in fact in order (subs and videos), but the filenames are different. So in this case, the second video in the first folder (Unidad 1) "Unidad 1 - -Retrato fotográfico intimista- (leentrelineas) - Domestika_2.ts" corresponds to subtitle "01 - Presentation.eng.srt" and then video "...Domestika_3.ts corresponds to sub "02 - Influences.eng.srt" and so on and so forth.

Attached Files:

8. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Thank you so much @gamlate you are really awesome :)
    If possible kindly add more tutorials from Domestika with subtitles

9. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    It's only me or someone facing this issue..Can someone please help..I have added the subtitles in folder tried playing with VLC player but it hangs. I tried both ways renaming subs file and adding subs thru Subtitles menu but it fails to load and it works perfectly if i remove subs..Strange..facing this kind of issue for the first time..
    P.S.- Anyways found the solution..Re-encoded the .ts files to mp4 and then it's working fine..:)

Last edited: 4 Jul 2023
  10. gamlate

gamlate Silver IV

No Limit
    You're welcome, will do, I'm looking for a storage solution atm as I already filled out my Mega account.

11. gamlate

gamlate Silver IV

No Limit
    Yeah, it's strange MPV works just fine, but VLC for some reason refuses to play them with subtitles, I thought it was some weird glitch with my Debian installation (as often happens.. o_O)

12. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Thanks for the solution! :)

I'm using Handbrake to convert and additionally hard encode the subs (just have to make sure the ST file does correspond with the topic of the TS file - as presented here (as @gamlate notes; thanks for that info - BTW ;)) - they don't match up . . .

But her course and final photos appeal to my particular style of shoots; looking forward to this one - thanks to OP!! :):):cool: