DxO 6 - Elite Edition for ACR/Lightroom CC - Digital Film Pack (PV Exclusive!)

Discussion in 'Lightroom Presets' started by salleno, 27 Mar 2022.

1. salleno

salleno Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    DXO.jpg
    DxO 6 Elite ACR/Lightroom CC Profile Edition - Digital Film Pack

More film packs to follow!!

This pack includes 7 profiles compatible with ACR and Lightroom CC that are NEW to DxO FilmPack 6.

The unmistakable style of Fujifilm X Series cameras
    For amazing creative effects, choose from seven film simulation modes available with digital Fujifilm X Series cameras: Classic Chrome, Classic Chrome +, Astia Soft, Classic Negative, Proneg Std, ProNeg High, and Eterna.

ENJOY!
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 27 Mar 2022
  2. Karuma

Karuma New Member

Thank's a lot !!

3. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

Nobody gets these correct, I'm using Fuji so I can compare to the in camera profiles, they're always too pink and colours completely off, even Cobalt Image get it wrong. I wonder what it is, This also makes me wonder how wrong all the other emulations are.
    But thank you! these are still great.

salleno likes this.
  4. salleno

salleno Master

You sir, are 100% correct. The worst ones are FilmConvert and Kindred.

The best, surprisingly, are VSCO but the older versions. I'm currently working on making the entire VSCO presets available as profiles, including upgrades to the VSCO CAM/FilmX versions. This way, you won't need camera specific profiles and no stupid subscriptions that only limit you to your phone.

I've have tried so many presets for Kodachrome and certain Fuji film types and they are all either totally off or way too red/pink. It's sad.

It's for this reason that I've had to learn color grading and just use my own presets these days. That said, it's still fun to play with these.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2022
    Nikon4life and bilbobaglips like this.
  5. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

Wow, I look forward to the VSCO upload. As for Kodachrome that's the main reason I get all these things, (They copy classic images like Afghan girl, except that's not "kodachrome 64", it's a processed version of kodachrome 64 for that specific image. Making the Reds and greens pop too much on other images)

I've been impressed with the Cobalt image ones, however they need A LOT of tweaking. And it's harder to switch to another companies preset once you have edited a cobalt one to compare easily, as the whole editing process from the base profile is so different. Saying that though, Cobalt And RNI ALL FILMS share a very similar output. so if you get the correct exposure using cobalt base profile first, you can change to RNI presets almost perfectly and they look better.

I've had some great results in the past with Vision Colour Impulz too, However I have to import my RAW images into 3dlutcreator first to convert them to LOG then output to Rec709. This gives the most accurate colours. BUT what a long process :( It's nothing on the the old film days though I suppose lol!

6. salleno

salleno Master

Posted the first film pack already.

It seems everyone is trying to get the McCury look and nobody who is selling them has managed to get it right. Here is my K64 circa 2009 (about 5 years of work to do this)....

k64-2009.jpg

and one of the many flavors of early Kodachrome (K 11, circa 1956)....

K25-1956.jpg

It's taken me 5 years to get a full collection of accurate Kodachrome, from the early monopack to the last roll...

Nikon4life and bilbobaglips like this.
  7. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

WOW great work! especially loving the 50's kodachrome! It's this contrasty look i love.
    01.jpg
    07.jpg

I'll take a look a bit later at your upload :D Thanks! :)

8. salleno

salleno Master

Kodachrome 10 Type V Class M film.... Used by the war department and farm security administration during the depression era and world war 2 era. All large format and most taken with flood lights or flash.

This was the first type of Kodachrome I tried to replicate.

Nikon4life likes this.
  9. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

Ah wow, I never knew it's exact name. They just evoke a certain feel from their images we rarely see today i think.
    Do you know who replicates it best? I know Cobalt Image try to. It's just so hard to replicate accurately without reference to knowing the colours of an image in real life.

10. salleno

salleno Master

This is the Holy Grail look in my opinion. Getting those old large format Kodachrome looks. As such, there is nobody who actually sells these who has managed to do it accurately. Cobalt fails miserably in my honest opinion. The color accuracy is just not there.

Also, there is more than just the color. The focal length and depth of field needs to be right too as well as your subject.

I did a few but I need to look for them. I'll show you what I came up with. That Type V is hard...

bilbobaglips likes this.
  11. salleno

salleno Master

Heading in to work, and I can't find the good ones I did. Here is just a random one I worked on in the last 5 minutes to give you an idea of the colors.

SOOC
    K10-Before.jpg

After K10
    K10-After-copy.jpg

Again...just the colors. This subject isn't lit the same way and not really period dressed either. Also, the DOF isn't right but hey...for 5 min of work, it ain't that bad.

bilbobaglips likes this.
  12. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

Ah yeah I can totally see the colours there! great job! and yeah Large format is so hard to replicate in itself. Those old photos seem to have so much in focus but such a soft lovely background when it finally does soften.
    That's a shame nobody can provide a decent version although like you say it's more than just a lut or profile to achieve that look.
    Where are you colour grading? When I need to be specific i'm using 3dlutcreator + Photoshop. I keep getting tempted to open images in davinci just to use the nodes / lut workflow. Did you get a chance to try out " PHILMCOLOR R3" I watched a long stream with the creator showing how it works and what he's used them on. Looks interesting, (Although not for that old school Kodachrome look.) don't think we're allowed to link here are we? but here's a good watch if you're interested. (end of youtube link)
    /watch?v=wJ5aFcO88G8&list=LL&index=1&t=4759s

13. salleno

salleno Master

Thanks.

When I grade, I use 3DLutCreator and Photoshop. My other tool is Resolve. Resolve is amazing for grading.

I'll give that link a look. Thank you!

14. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

I'm gonna have to try out resolve, I must have watched hundreds of videos on it but never actually dived in lol.
    No worries, in the vid he starts to use them about the 25min mark :)