Gold Eric Floberg - The Classroom — Wedding Filmmaking Masterclass

Discussion in 'Video Tutorials' started by Fearless, 9 May 2024.

1. Fearless

Fearless Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    444694%2Fcustom_site_themes%2Fid%2FPDPOLLOUQEuy44Mxaa1E_FLO_3180-2.jpg

14+ HOURS OF CONTENT! This course is a deep dive into my experience as a wedding filmmaker. We cover everything from creative storytelling, lighting & composition, organizing ideas, managing finances, fostering a great client experience, and so much more. Check out the full curriculum below!

MODULE #1
    “The Brief Why”

Imploring you to ask why you film weddings. I walk you through some of my early films and how my editing has evolved philosophically over time because of my “why”. Be inspired by my own story as you navigate figuring out a “why” that will sustain you for the long haul.

MODULE #2
    “The [Not So] Basics”

For a solid 1.5 hours, I break down the basics of how to shoot, all the filmmaking gear I use & how I use it. Learn exactly what I use to shoot like a documentary filmmaker. Packed with all of the technical stuff to take your technical skills to the next level and make sure your video skills get out of the way of your creativity. This is one of my favorite modules, handsdown.

MODULE #3
    "Lighting & Composition"

In this module, I share some of my inspiration when it comes to composition & scenery during filmmaking. Learn how you can light your scenes with natural and motivated light, and how to effectively use composition to tell a less distracting story as a filmmaker.

MODULE #4
    "Editing"

Your post-production life is about to get a WHOLE lot easier. We're covering transcoding in DaVinci Resolve and all of my editing in Premiere Pro. In this section, you’ll be inspired by my actual process, day-to-day on how I structure a wedding film with speeches, vows, music, how I deliver to clients, etc. SO pumped to share this one!

MODULE #5
    "Use Your Senses"

Learn all about using your senses during a wedding day to take your wedding films from average to extraordinary. I walk you through how to integrate sound design in your surroundings to communicate a fuller story to the viewer - not just a series of clips from the day. You’ll be inspired by this philosophical approach and learn the best ways and places to collect sounds to add to your films.

MODULE #6
    "Business"

Learn how to incorporate your business, which corporation would make sense for you, how to maintain your books financially, how to set up business insurance, and how to start diversifying your business. This module is identical in both the wedding photo and wedding filmmaking courses. You'll also hear a full convo with my accountant about taxes.

MODULE #7
    "Client Experience"

I talk about all of the technical parts of taking care of your clients [reading contracts line by line, Honeybook (CRM), emails, communication] - but even more, you’ll learn how to really make an impact & go above and beyond for your couples. Although similar for both courses, in the wedding filmmaking course you’ll see a full walk through setting up a potential Wedding Film client meeting (real world emails) and specific examples from emails with real clients that have booked me as their wedding filmmaker. This module is over 2 hours of practical skills to take care of your clients that will blow them away.

MODULE #8
    "Creative Storytelling"

In this module, I dive into how I discovered my creative voice as a filmmaker. You’ll hear my personal sources of inspiration that range from YouTube to other filmmakers. I also walk you through technical strategies in editing to tell a better story. You’ll discover how to create your own creative voice and become a better storyteller.

MODULE #9
    "Field Trip"

Oftentimes as Wedding Filmmakers, we find ourselves needing to make something in a pinch AND make it look amazing. In this module, I went out for 30 minutes and challenged myself to shoot only 15 clips of footage, and 1 intentional piece of sound design. An amazing personal exercise that I hope helps you see how you can create something from virtually nothing.

MODULE #10
    "Marketing Without Marketing"

Your life will change if you treat your clients well. This module is my story and how I’ve grown my business. This module is identical in both the Wedding Photo & Wedding Filmmaking courses. You’ll learn some non-traditional routes for marketing, how to set yourself to diversify your business over time, and how to market without spending a dime.

MODULE #11
    "Investing"

Do a deep dive with me on how to invest in yourself as well as how to traditionally invest your money. Not many creative courses share financial information, but I want these courses to be all-encompassing with as much transparency as I can muster. This module is the same in the Wedding Photography and Filmmaking Course as I go through how much I have in savings and retirement and offer my best info on how to set yourself up for success down the road as an entrepreneur.

MODULE #12
    "Philosophy" with Guest Speaker Josh Helton of A Little Long Distance

I’m closing it out with all the feels. I sit down with one of my wedding filmmaking heroes, Josh Helton from A Little Long Distance to talk through storytelling philosophy. You’ll learn how to make your films not just beautiful but an heirloom for your clients by changing your goal as a filmmaker from perfection to intentional. Your perspective on being a filmmaker will be challenged and changed forever (with a few tears along the way).

More info : https://education.ericfloberg.com/courses/the-classroom-wedding-filmmaking

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

2. koiapipi

koiapipi New Member

Gold Member
    Thank you!

3. h1ghm1nd

h1ghm1nd p-v.club fan

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Thank you @Fearless for organizing the GB and posting this.

4. Daukness

Daukness Silver IV

Gold Member
    Epic. Nice

5. Jayce

Jayce Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Anyone can upload to other host (ex 1fichier,..)
    Thank so much!

6. white871

white871 Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Thank you !

Milawhite likes this.