FEATURE REQUEST: BETTER SEARCH FUNCTIONS

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mrlulhahhah, 3 Dec 2021.

1. mrlulhahhah

mrlulhahhah Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    I think it goes without saying but the search functionality is lacking. I would like to see the searching of individual forums. I'd also like to search for a term by date. Currently, if I search for "final cut", I'm bombarded with many results that aren't relevant other than from matching the keyword. The search will also show multiple replies to a thread that may not actually show me the content I want (final cut assets).

I also think that tagging functionality would help. Or maybe we increase the number of subboards. If I go to Photo Tutorials I can see courses from a specific brand. But Video Courses and Video Effects is just a huge pile of stuff with no easy way to sort. I know we have tags at the bottom but I mean like if there's a course on "Cooking Tacos", it'd be under the 'Cooking' badge and the 'Tacos' badge. That way I can find what I want.

2. Andyw

Andyw Silver II

Hi, i think in advanced search you can write search title, selecting 'Search Titles Only' and then you can select multiple or individual forums (like tuts from one several different sites) and in that way you can see the results of arranged by date. On the other hand in normal search you will see tuts plus the comments which say the searched word (kinda like google search). Even when you go-to individual forums you can click on 'start date' to see tuts/stuff arranged by the date they are posted (turn on desktop mode if using smartphone). Hope I was able to explain it properly. :)

3. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Agree. Bouncing off this, it also isn’t fair to give someone a warning for duplicating content when the original wasn’t even named correctly. For example, I had shared a specific pdf by name. How was I to know that someone else shared it, using “books” to describe it? No way I would have thought to look for that.