Give OP some time to reup!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by dinobytes, 11 Dec 2022.

1. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    Many of us have had our content unknowingly deleted by mega or other platforms. In response to finding a dead link, a member will ask if a reup is possible.

It's a good thing that OP is alerted that a link is dead but it really isn't necessary for several members to all request the reup at the same time. For example, I have had instances where numerous members asked to reup the same post, all only a couple of hours apart.

I think members should take into consideration that those of us who share are not attached to our computer all hours of the day, not to mention we are all on different time zones, so reupload may not be immediately available (most of my reup requests have been during sleeping hours)

Take a look at the timestamp from the last comment prior to requesting a reup. May I suggest a limit of 24-48 hours before the next request?

Cassidy, lkngood and dofmaximus like this.
  2. dofmaximus

dofmaximus Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    I say also to give time to the OP before other users make mirror posts. If OP has no response after a set time then make a mirror.

Cassidy likes this.
  3. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Especially difficult as there is NO notification to the op that a link is no longer working.

The only way I am aware is by checking new posts.....ie. if one of my shares has a post on the thread, i'll check it.

And I do appreciate a bit of courtesy when asking for a re-up. Be patient.

DEAD or CROAKED posts creep me out.

4. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    Yes, I discovered that someone mirrored without my even knowing the content had been removed. It is one of my lesser popular shares, so I don't care as much.

5. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    It is mostly the new members doing this, from what I've noticed. I really think it should be added to those welcome rules.

lkngood likes this.
  6. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
  7. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    @george any insight on this, regarding numerous reup requests and mirrors within only an hour or two of being notified?

dofmaximus likes this.