GOLD downloads for 1 trophy point

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by oafacc, 16 Jan 2019.

1. oafacc

oafacc Silver III

Let us who dont have GOLD membership but have some trophy points to download one link for 1 trophy point lets say. What do you think?

2. d00dlebugRSA

d00dlebugRSA Gold

No Limit
    You have 13 points. That's enough for 1 month's Gold Membership, you can download much more than 13 links in a month...

David28 likes this.
  3. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    In my point of view or opinion, everyone now will be cramming around to put up in GOLD, if this will be implemented. The means of putting up into Gold are the ff:
    - expensive
    - latest
    - OP (Out-of-the-Pocket)
    - rare items (which are very hard to find)
    - source materials that other DL site doesn't have that only P-V has it (so we could control the leakers).
    Because, there are some items or tutorial that we shouldn't be highlighting for GOLD. Since it's already in the other site that some volunteer members would like to share it in order just to have a copy for this group. Which we do highly appreciated it in here. Well, that's are some of my insights.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2019
  4. convectuoso

convectuoso Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I wish I understood this ^

As aforementioned, 10 pts = Gold for one month. It makes little sense to purchase gold tuts on a point by point basis, especially given that, after the first three, there aren't any 'interim' points. 1 > 3 > (first 100 likes) 13 > (next 100) > 23 etc.

Using likes would make more sense, but not sure how admin feels about that.

5. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    That will be promising for all. (y) ;) For me, I could still manage.

6. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    hmmmm....the likes is a good angle convect.....hope George considers it a workable option....

7. oafacc

oafacc Silver III

i dont need download everything, lets say im interested in specific topics and when my gold gone after month, and i need only one download in that month, its just not worth lets say, so letting spend trophy points per link maybe can be helpful

8. convectuoso

convectuoso Moderator

Hm. @george?

9. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Hopefully there will be a new payment method implemented soon!
    How about bookmarking the Gold tutorials that you want, waiting until you think you have justification to get GM (6 months?) and then download those tutorials?

I think it's more feasible for you to adjust to the system than for the system to adjust to you.

That being said, if its going to be 1point= 1 Gold tutorial, then there should be more generosity with the points.

Talisker and lkngood like this.
  10. Talisker

Talisker Gold

No Limit
    This is exactly what I’m doing. With this method, I’ve enough time to watch and digest those tutorials until the next GM. Otherwise, it would be wasting that precious tuts for me.

I used to download and collect the movies that I wanted to watch. But, at some point I found myself that I only collected the movies and not watched them. Such a wasting aproach. Also, it’s kind of being disrespectful to those who produced this movies, in this case this tutorials, even we grab them for free.

11. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    This isn't an option because there is no difference between one gold link and another (so they can have different prices).
    It could be implemented so you can purchase a certain tutorial with some TP but that would create confusion and old links would have to be modified.
    So, it is better to wait and only become a Gold Member when you think it is the best time.