How does Benny Production Guy record his YouTube Videos?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by askfriends, 27 Aug 2021.

1. askfriends

askfriends New Member

Hello;
    You probably have seen this guy on YouTube (Benny Production) which is quite popular for Photo Manipulation.
    I wonder how does he COMPOSIT and add effects, animations in his videos? Its quite evident that he uses Green Screen for both background and for Table he put hands on. So how does he process all the editing process?
    Also if you can see Info Box pop up on his right side which looks so realistic and awesome.
    There is also nice camera movements which look so realistic.

Anybody has any clue or if its any plugin which does all this automatically?

Here is the YouTube Video Link
    Editing YOUR Photos in Photoshop! | S1E5 - YouTube

Last edited: 5 Sep 2021
    v__ym and greerg like this.
  2. askfriends

askfriends New Member

Seems like no one knows..

3. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Lol you're in the wrong place mate, he actually it's compositing that makes benny video look cool and realistic not editing. Editing is the cutting and chopping of footages and rearranging them. Compositing is putting the subjects or object into a different environment and making them look as real as possible.
    Most easy projects can be done with Adobe After Effects but bigger and complex projects are far easier to handle in Foundry Nukex, but for the case of benny I think its done in After Effects as there's this side pop-up videos which are mograph part. And AE handles mograph best. I think he use a green screen table and lightings to match that of the background that will be composited later which make the scene cohesive. But its basic compositing and visual effects. It can be learn easily from videocopilot, red gaint tv, corridor digital etc. The set can be designed in After Effects using a plugins such as element 3d or cineware.But this scene can also be designed on full fledged 3d software like Cinema 4D, Maya or Max, then composited back on ae or nukex. Its basic. I started as visual effects artists before I moved on to photography. CGP is better and more suited for discussing cg related material.
    For creating background
    https://youtu.be/6id2N5DC3vs
    For fake side lighting
    https://youtu.be/1FRe7mggoU8
    For room
    https://youtu.be/c9DKr6anAOQ

Green Screen Keying
    https://youtu.be/QTh2CWXzOH4
    https://youtu.be/qKZKowa9hrc

And if you're looking for more in-depth knowledge on Keying and compositing, you should leave after effects and go nukex.
    Study Victor Perez's Keying courses on FXPHD and CMIVFX. Hes the best. He will start teaching from how our eye react to light during day and night differently and how to reproduce then for compositing uses. Thanks

llatas, Halfevil and askfriends like this.
  4. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Gold Member No Limit
    And for after effects in-depth compositing and keying Mark Christiansen's courses on Lynda/linkedin would be the best option.

And no there's no one plugin that does all of it. Its hard work and brain. Understanding lighting and how it wraps around object, matching grains and depth of field, matching motion blur, tracking or matchmoving are some of the concepts to sell the shoot.

askfriends likes this.
  5. askfriends

askfriends New Member

Thanks for your valuable feedback and for sharing your knowledge, it really helps to understand the basics and yeah you are right i should have written compositing instead of editing, which I'm gonna edit now

Hopefully more PROs will come and share their experience as well.
    EDIT: Just noticed i cant edit the topic.

6. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Lol I watched this tuts in my brightest days, and now I revisited them and found out that CMIVFX is down atm, and their founder died around on 2016-2017. But being grown up in 3d world, this 2d photoshop things seems easier lol, the harder one is actually shooting, post-production way more easier. Anyways so are you making your own YouTube channel like this Benny?

askfriends likes this.
  7. askfriends

askfriends New Member

Not exactly but i wanna learn that thing, it looks super realistic and cool to watch.
    btw im noob!
    have basic PS knowhow

8. brunoacastello1

brunoacastello1 New Member

Newcomer
    Damn, it looks so outdated. Feels like i'm watching something from 2010.

9. askfriends

askfriends New Member

u sure?
    can you create/make such video?

10. brunoacastello1

brunoacastello1 New Member

Newcomer
    Oh Yeah, sure. I've been editing videos for some time. It's okay to like this kind of effects, but to me It looks outdated, like seeing the menu and icons of the Iphone 4s.

I prefer something like Johnny Harris and Vox do in their videos. It's something more classy, using animation and something more modern.

11. askfriends

askfriends New Member

ohh.. well your level is offcourse higher than me.
    btw can you teach me how to edit like that?
    or those effects?