How to change Gold to non-Gold

Discussion in 'Help' started by Jupiter, 21 Apr 2022.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    When I uploaded a tutorial I selected Gold tags, but now want to make it non-Gold since it's a legacy item and it only got two likes so far. I clicked the Report button and requested it be changed from there but was declined:"Asking for gold content to be made non-gold is against the rules."

What items should be tagged as Gold and what items should be tagged as non-Gold? Or does it matter?

2. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    As the publisher (poster) of any item - it is your prerogative to assigning Gold or non-Gold. You should be able to edit the original post and change its status. (But this may have been changed relatively recently and thus limiting a threshold of likes before someone can edit their own posts).

If unable to edit your own post - your reporting is appropriate to ask a Mod to change it. I'll assume the Mod wasn't fully aware that you are the one who initially posted it.

It's always a judgement call to made an item Gold [some degree of exclusivity at the cost of fewer likes] or non-Gold [probably gather greater likes but at the potentially higher risk of someone leaking to another site] - - - but it's your call.

3. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I now see this was tweaked:
    https://p-v.club/threads/editing-your-own-posts-or-threads.35845/

You should re-ask a Mod to edit your post again and emphasize that you're the OP author wishing to change to non-Gold.

4. xiaoyuer

xiaoyuer Master

Gold Member No Limit
    You should see more about whether there are not many people who are interested in the content you share, or it is too old.

Nikon4life likes this.