How to make preset dng thumbnail?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by pixiepie, 6 Oct 2019.

1. pixiepie

pixiepie Silver I

Helloooo

I'm trying to make the mobile preset dng thumbnail files. Ya know, the pretty cool looking thumbnail images that may be the preset picture with text on it. :)

My effort is causing them to be pixelated a bit. Here is the process I'm using: Create a small square image of an unedited photo, add text (name of preset), save as png or jpg, go back to LR Desktop and apply develop settings of preset. Export as DNG.

The preset work but the thumbnail image isn't clear/crisp like how everyone else's seems to be.

Anyone here make mobile presets and can give me some tips on how to make the thumbnail images crisp and clear and not over-processed?

Thanks for any help or advice.

aaronpryan likes this.
  2. aaronpryan

aaronpryan Silver III

Hi! :)
    What I usually do is add the text etc. in Photoshop and export it as a .TIFF file so there won't be any compression. Open it in Lightroom as you normally do, apply your preset to it and Export to DNG. The image will be downsized but it tends to keep the quality. I hope this helps. :)

pixiepie likes this.
  3. pixiepie

pixiepie Silver I

Thank you so much. I'll try that.

aaronpryan likes this.
  4. aaronpryan

aaronpryan Silver III

Let me know how you get on or if you run into any problems, would be glad to help! :)