Gold I Am a Woman: A Celebration in More Than Fifty Photographs

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by Thunder, 8 May 2021.

1. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I Am a Woman: A Celebration in More Than Fifty Photographs
    [​IMG]

Homepage

English | 2021 | ISBN: 1947297317 | 128 pages | EPUB | 35.99 MB

I Am a Woman is a powerful collection of black and white photographs featuring iconic women from past to present, celebrating the depth and breadth of the female experience. From Dolly Parton to Mother Teresa, and Oprah Winfrey to Ruth Bader Ginsburg, these striking portrayals showcase the journeys of this diverse mix of heroines from all walks of life.

Based on a song of the same name, graphic designer, author, and singer-songwriter Mary Sue Englund created the book to inspire and encourage women of all ages. Within these pages, each of the song lyrics is matched to the more than fifty women chosen to represent and embody those words. These photos are matched to brief bios or inspirational quotes to illuminate the woman s story and related lyrics. Among those featured are:
    • Mary Jackson
    • Lucille Ball
    • Malala Yousafzai
    • Rosa Parks
    • Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Coretta Scott King
    • Princess Diana
    • Barbara Walters
    • Simone Biles
    • Anne Frank
    • Wilma Rudolph
    • Bethany Hamilton
    I Am a Woman includes a dedication page honoring a special woman and her story with a photograph of her choosing, placing her among this collection of amazing women. Also included is a free link to the song that inspired the book, and portion of the author s proceeds will be donated toward various women s organizations.

These women, whose stories have been told or are unknown, help us to reflect on the women in our lives that inspired us to greatness: mothers, grandmothers, teachers, coaches, friends, and mentors. Whether you or someone you know is marking a milestone, fighting adversity, wondering where life is leading, or simply celebrating life, I Am a Woman will be a perfect gift, certain to remind us all of the beauty, gifts, talents, and power of women everywhere.

Praise for I Am a Woman:
    I am proud to be a woman and I am proud to be included in this wonderful book of inspirational women. I hope to always be an inspiration not only to other women, but to the world. God bless you, Mary Sue Englund! Dolly Parton

Together with timeless images that in and of themselves speak thousands of words, the impact is undeniable. I fell in love from the start with the song I Am a Woman written by my dear friend, bandmate, and collaborator Mary Sue Englund, and songwriter Thom Shepherd. I have had the pleasure of seeing audiences respond to it with a jolt of recognition, often followed by tears. I knew the song succeeded for the same reason that any work of art succeeds: because it rings so true. Pam Tillis

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

Coraline, Joseph, Nikon4life and 2 others like this.
  2. Coraline

Coraline Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Sigaq and diosdado like this.