Request Immersed - The Editing Course by Anni Graham

Discussion in 'Photo Requests' started by Jupiter, 5 Feb 2023.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

No Limit
    The beauty of digital photography is in the edit.
    upload_2024-3-18_23-25-24.png
    Chapter 1 | Editing Workflow
    When I was getting started as a photographer, I would upload every image from a shoot into Lightroom, then cull as I edited. It took me months to finish a full wedding gallery.

Eventually, I discovered culling before you import your images into Lightroom. It saved me weeks of editing time.

I didn’t think I needed to streamline the process any further until I started working every single weekend and was drowning in my editing list.

The editing workflow I created and use today allows me to upload on Monday and deliver by Friday. This class will go through my entire process– from importing images post-shoot to delivering a full gallery to a client.

AN EDITING WORKFLOW SAVES TIME.
    AN EDITING WORKFLOW CREATES CONSISTENCY.
    TOPICS COVERED
    • Culling
    • Importing
    • Cataloging
    • Efficient + cohesive editing tricks
    • Exporting
    • Gallery delivery
    Chapter 2 | Understanding Lightroom
    Although I’ve spent time developing presets I love and use consistently, there are still individual adjustments I have to make for each photo. Taking the image into account, I consider things like exposure, temperature, shadows, contrast, tone curve, HSL sliders, split toning, and grain.

This class will go through each section, explaining what each slider does, how I use contrast and HSL sliders, the difference between split toning and temperature adjustments, how to use the histogram, and more.

UNDERSTANDING HOW TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO EVERY PART OF YOUR IMAGE GIVES YOU FULL CONTROL WITH ANY GALLERY, ANY LIGHTING SITUATION, AND ANY PRESET.
    TOPICS COVERED
    • Basic adjustments
    • Split toning
    • Tone curve
    • HSL sliders
    • Lens corrections
    • Grain
    Chapter 3 | Color Theory
    Understanding color theory has had a profound impact on the way I edit my images. I look at photos that I edited even just four years ago and cringe at the editing choices I made because I had little to no awareness of color theory.

In this class, I will teach you the basis of color theory and how having an awareness of it while you edit your images will transform your work. We will talk about specific colors and what kind of emotion you can evoke from them. We’ll also discuss how using color in this way can attract your ideal clients.

TO DEMONSTRATE THE ENORMOUS DIFFERENCE COLOR THEORY CAN MAKE, I’LL EVEN DIG INTO PHOTOS I EDITED EARLIER IN MY CAREER AND SHOW YOU HOW I WOULD EDIT THEM TODAY.
    TOPICS COVERED
    • Understanding the color wheel
    • Color and emotions
    • Using color theory when editing
    • Defining your style with color
    Chapter 4| Editing for Composition
    Most composition work is done in camera, but there is still a significant part of composition that actually happens when editing. Using something as simple as the crop tool can transform ten images of the same moment into a dynamic narrative.

It takes a long time to train your eye to see what is in your frame when you’re taking a photo. The beauty of digital photography is that you can alter the composition of your images in post.

In this class I will show you how I use the crop tool, gradient filters, the healing tool brush, and other features to dramatically improve an image with a few clicks. As wedding photographers we need to edit a large amount of photos at once. Keeping this in mind, the adjustments I will teach you are minimal yet transformative. Through this course you’ll find that editing for composition won’t add too much time into your workflow and can be just as important as adjusting exposure and temperature.
    TOPICS COVERED
    • Crop + straighten
    • Removing distractions
    • Using gradient filters
    • Using radial filters
    • Using the brush tool
    Chapter 5 | Editing Skin Tones
    One of the most asked questions I get when teaching editing: How do I edit for skin tones?
    So many of you want to know how to properly expose for skin tones, how to use your tools to create creamy skin tones, and how to thoughtfully edit diverse skin tones.

In this class, I will address all these questions and more. I will show you how I use the tone curve, HSL sliders, and split toning to create flattering skin tones in any image.
    TOPICS COVERED
    • Tone curve
    • HSL sliders
    • Split toning
    Chapter 6 | Editing with Consistency
    Editing with consistency is probably one of the most important things to master as a wedding photographer. We deal with large quantities of images in different lighting situations and in different backgrounds all within a span of 8 hours – and the gallery needs to look good. Then on your next shoot, everything is different again and you realize your edits are constantly changing.

In this class I will teach you how I edit a wedding consistently from inside to outside to sunset to the reception, using multiple cameras and multiple shooters and how I make all the images look cohesive. Then how to set yourself up for your next shoot as you slowly establish your editing style.
    TOPICS COVERED
    • Different lighting conditions
    • Different locations and backgrounds
    • Using multiple presets
    • Using different cameras or second shooters
    More info : https://www.immersededucation.com/the-editing-course-series-by-anni-graham

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Mar 2024
    Luna.Stone likes this.
  2. fandre

fandre Silver IV

3. Korgmaster

Korgmaster Gold

Gold Member No Limit
  4. Luna.Stone

Luna.Stone New Member

Gold Member
  5. auric101

auric101 New Member