In some other sites they're very particular on DUPLICATE POSTING, and definitely should be BANNED.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by cassini, 8 May 2020.

1. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    upload_2020-5-9_0-57-21.png

Agreed, perhaps tired using of the search bar, or doesn't respect & read other posts, or do back readings. I think we should implement this type of policy in here and be implemented.

I'm not being harsh but it's a policy we need to adhere. Most instance, they make an excused sorry I didn't know that there's already a previous post like this, please delete it admins or mods.

Last edited: 8 May 2020
  2. TheBeardedMonk

TheBeardedMonk Gold Nova

No Limit
    Agreed, but to do that we must include a top notch search functionality. I know there is already one in place but in my personal opinion it's not helping much. Once it happened to me in the past they raised a flag saying that I posted some duplicate content but before I posted it I checked it completely with the title it didn't show up. As a matter of fact it's still not showing up in the search functionality. Hope you get what I am trying to say !

cotyora likes this.
  3. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Yeah, there are some instance with that scenario especially with a different name that you couldn't search because either the first post thread jumble the words or didn't could all of the words. That's why it was very hard to search for it, but when it appears at the end it has the same content all-in-all. We need to honor the first posting, and considered a duplicate. That's why we need to very careful when were posting. Anyway, this is still a suggestion.

4. ccdc

ccdc New Member

Restricted No Limit
    What about a sticky at the top of each category page with a basic template to follow for posting content? The search function works fine for me when the right details and keywords are used in the original post so I think we can clean it up on our end first and get a little more neat & organized.

Here's how I format all of my posts that seems to work great with the search function:

Subject title:
    • "Market place/Creator - Name of product"

Description:

• "MARKET NAME/CREATOR & PRODUCT TITLE"
    • "LINK TO SPECIFIC PRODUCT"
    • "IMG OR VID PREVIEW" *Most get lazy on this detail, please don't. It'll make this site a lot more seamless and a lot LESS OPEN TABS :)
    • "ANY OTHER TECHNICAL DETAILS & SPECS relating to the project and/or compressed file on share site.
    • "HIDDEN OR GOLD DOWNLOAD LINK". *If you are uploading to a google drive or mega account and know you will be deleting the file later, please mark that this file will only be available for "x" amount of weeks/months/etc and request a mod to close the thread when you delete- that way another member can re-upload if they desire.
    Tags:
    • Should have the subject line info (see above), as well as any other specific keywords to the project.

I do see dead links becoming an issue as threads age and as new members join [digging up older content]. it may be smart to start splitting up the large compressed files (keep each file under 2gb per part) up so they can all be hosted on a site like workupload.com & eliminate storage/transfer caps from sites like mega and drive.

That's just my .2 cents....

One other thing to note... And this is strictly my opinion- but I really caution against going rule crazy and being a forum of rules more than a forum for sharing content. Obviously some guidelines have to be set and enforced, but let's keep this slice of digital space less jaded & confrontational than the rest of the inter-webs out there. There seems to be a lot of folks from different nationalities on here, so there may be some simple mistakes & confusion at times... I think being patient and polite first- is better than than some digital a$$hole yelling in all caps for the O.P to "READ THE RULES". I've seen many a'good forum die out due to rude "by the book/forum police" users.

Last edited: 9 May 2020
    absentia, kagylo and cassini like this.
  5. Cheese

Cheese Gold

No Limit
    I agree!

6. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    thank you for sharing your thoughts and inciteĺ

ccdc likes this.
  7. ccdc

ccdc New Member

Restricted No Limit
    hmmmm question to admin or if a mod knows.... but can you build custom forum input dialogs within this forums cpanel?.... if so you could add a "Post New Content Thread" next to the regular button- That way you would be able to just simply force the users into formatting properly & accurately (i.e- for example you could require "x amount" of specific tags relating to the content; Dropdown boxes with specific options for software requirement/market place/categories & etc.)....... that would be one way to optimize the search engine i would assume..

8. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Thanks this type of request are more far from technical and it will be on programming. It will be on the main admins jobs too. When we're all new in here it is almost the same that we are with you today. Like with your request making a section or a portion of this. I suggest to make a another request thread of this in the suggestion box too :)

ccdc likes this.
  9. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Just suggest anything that might a good contribution for this group. We know the admin is busy person he attends to all our needs, in that's way it take a moment to reconsider your request. So please be patience, he is also person too. I do believe not all suggestion are also honored it depends on the people or the number of request with same request or within that theme. So keep your suggestions coming the admin is listening to all your requests. :)

10. ahlyekSAHNDR

ahlyekSAHNDR Silver IV

No Limit
    I have seen that to get more likes .. guys are posting duplicate and those who had gb or alone purchased are hiding as gold but ... to get more likes duplicaters are copying and posting as nongold too ... admin should take action against those ...

cassini likes this.
  11. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
  12. kagylo

kagylo Gold

No Limit
    @ccdc I also had the same idea, your template is cool. I full support the idea for the well-organized stuff. This template should be a must have for making thread for everyone! :)