Inquiry! Guys to all Real Estate > Photo Retouchers!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cassini, 10 Sep 2021.

1. cassini

cassini Legend

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    upload_2021-9-11_2-1-20.png

1) What is the average time of editing? How many hours or minutes for example this photo, and if it's included with multiple exposures?
    2) What is much more easier when it comes on photo editing or photo retouching? Is it Real Estate or High End Photo Retouching > Portrait / Glamour / any Head shots?
    3) What is the average compensation on Real Estate Retouching, compare to High End Retouching?
    Thanks, looking forward to it, with your replies. Regards, and wishing you safeness within your home.

2. mrlulhahhah

mrlulhahhah Veteran

No Limit
    I don't know anyone personally who gets paid to retouch real estate photos separately since, in my experience, there's usually not a huge budget from the agent or broker getting the shots done.

But I've edited most real estate photo shoots within 30 mins to an hour depending on how wonky the colors were due to the various lighting (to this day I've never seen a house have perfectly even lighting in all rooms, most have missing bulbs or different temps).

But it starts off in camera. The biggest thing for real estate is to have a circular polarizer to help reduce those light glares on the floor, table, etc. This is especially true if they have stainless steel appliances or granite/quartz/whatever countertops.
    If stacking multiple exposures for HDR, that's pretty fast in LR unless you want a bit more control then you can do HDR Pro in PS.

After that, it's really about getting the same color throughout the whole home. Sometimes you may need a fill flash in another spot so as not to have to fake the exposure with a brush later.

But overall, in the world of editing, for me as a photographer, it's one of the easier tasks, especially compared to people.

NanaNikon and cassini like this.
  3. cassini

cassini Legend

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Thank you so much @mrlulhahhah that answer. Acknowledge, I have learned a lot from you.
    - Redude light glares on the floor, table, or any surface.
    > esp on stainless steel appliances, granite, quartz and countertops
    - LR is the best fast stacking of multiple exposure for HDR, vs HDR Pro in PS
    - Color Correction
    - Fill Flash

NanaNikon and mrlulhahhah like this.