Is anyone familiar with editing a PS script (.jsx)?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pixeldust, 1 May 2023.

1. Pixeldust

Pixeldust Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    I have a PS action that works with a texture panel (made for earlier versions of PS) that I purchased a number of years ago. Even at that time, I had trouble using it.

I installed the script within the PS directory. It looks like it’s also installed in my C drive, after I ran an exe file that came with the panel & textures. The action will play and it opens a panel in which one can select a number of textures to apply to an open photo. The panel has several pages that one should be able to flip through. You can also add additional texture sets.

My problem is that the “next” button in the bottom right hand corner of the panel that allows you to view the other textures, will open, but, I cannot click on any of the textures to have it applied to a photo. I can only click on textures of the first page, that will apply to a photo.

More info:

I have 2 separate actions that utilize the panel, one of them brings up the panel with the “next” button and the other one does not. The second page also shows a “previous” button, that does not work to bring me back to the first page. There may be a problem with one of the actions because the one with the “next” button, does not allow me to select different texture sets (pull down menu at the top).
    Screenshot-2023-05-01-065159.jpg

I would like to eventually share this panel here, but, only if it works properly with current versions of PS. Otherwise, I will have to resort to just sharing the textures alone.