Gold Juan Melara Sony2Alexa LUTs (no powergrade)

Discussion in 'Photo/Video LUTs' started by lyssjay10, 19 Nov 2022.

1. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    A couple of reasons, but mainly because in the pandemic I was able to sell it for more than I bought it, I did not use 120p 4K hardly at all and I sold it and got the A7IV which I actually like better plus it take 33 mp pictures. Has a better autofocus and sharper and a better image in my opinion. If they come out with a version with internal Nd's I would consider buying another one. I am a professional for over 20 years and usually rent Bigger cameras on big projects but for smaller ones, I prefer the A7IV. except for the occasion over heating on hot days. But that is also bc I shoot 4K 60p almost 90% of the time.:cool:
    The FX3 is an awesome camera by all standards. But after having both, I actually like the A7IV more.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2023
  2. synapse

synapse Silver III

Gold Member
    I just recently picked one up which is why I ask. It sounds like you value photo vs video and it makes sense to keep the a74. The FX3 is designed as a cine cam and I feel your answer would be different if you shoot more video than photos. I also own an R5 mainly for photography (high MP and insane autofocus). The main reason I got the FX3 was the DR, low-noise high iso and color science. The video on the R5 is pretty decent and compares well with the R5c.

3. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    NO, I am more interested in Video. I have been a professional photographer for 25 years and a Film Maker for the last 18 years. I do 99% video work. I do about 95% video for my clients... On Big jobs I hire DP's and use Alexas , Reds or whatever is needed, But on my smaller projects I film almost everything on Sony. I like the A7IV more than the FX3 for Video.
    The only difference really is the FX3 Has 120 fps 4K and Full frame 60P. But the color and profiles are basically the exact same. I prefer th Autofocus , which is newer and "better" on the A7IV. And I actually like the 60P crop on the A7IV also. I had the FX3 for about a year and used it on many jobs, It was great. But I noticed right away the A7IV Af was snapper and locked on better and it was "Sharper" Than the FX3 and that is bc the A7IV is downsampling a almost 7K sensor where as the FX is just about 4k