Karl Taylor Photography - The Emotion of Light

Discussion in 'Karl Taylor Education' started by grenice, 6 Dec 2018.

1. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Website: https://www.karltayloreducation.com/the-emotion-of-light-light-source/
    Description:

It was a little under half way through my photographic career that I came to realise how accurate this statement was. A knowledge of light is fundamental to our understanding of photography but it goes beyond that. Light isn’t just a physical property of transmission, reflection or refraction, it is also an ‘emotion’ and by that I mean it induces emotion in a similar way to music.
    How does it do this? Well part of it is imprinting, in that we become familiar through culture to certain styles or moods that light conveys and part of it is actual science in that the human brain is pre-programmed to perceive visual stimuli in a certain ways for survival reasons.

The bottom line of all of this is how can this influence our photography? How can we use this knowledge to harness the power of light to create better images?

In this unique workshop I will be answering those questions (and more), through a series of presentations as well as practical lighting demonstrations.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

Last edited: 8 Apr 2019
  2. bdubya

bdubya Silver II

Am I the only one that has an audio sync issue with this video? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've tried in multiple players and this is the only video that has that issue. Download was successful and based on the title (phorography), it appears to be the same copy that's floating around elsewhere (others have the same issue).

3. FreeEducation

FreeEducation Silver IV

@bdubya I havent checked yet, but in my experience if this is the case, it is because it was screen captured instead of downloaded.

This error occurs with this technique. I know that his website does not allow download but streaming only, which makes it more difficult to get the content.

bdubya likes this.
  4. bdubya

bdubya Silver II

@klojang Thanks! It's coming up 59fps, so might be a capture issue. I considered loading it into Premiere and resyncing it and saving at 25 or 30fps. Appreciate the info, I was curious if his site allowed direct download or if capture was required.

5. beng417

beng417 Silver II

Dead Link

6. petr7

petr7 Gold Nova

No Limit