Landscape photographer and nature lover here!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by ModTester, 16 Jul 2021.

1. ModTester

ModTester New Member

Hi guys,

I started photography when I was in high school (I’m an engineer now). I found the forums while searching for lightroom/affinity photo presets for all kinds of photography (I like all types of photography but I enjoy landscape the most). My work flow got very complicated the past few years and I’m trying to simplify it.

So, if you have any preset suggestions please let me know. What are your favorites (for landscape and others)?

good to meet you all!

mike35 likes this.
  2. mike35

mike35 Silver IV

@ModTester,

Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find many people who are ready to answer your questions and also your doubts.
    Could I know if it is not indiscreet what equipment you have and what is the kind of photos you love besides landscape/nature ?

Enjoy your stay, Mike

3. ModTester

ModTester New Member

Thank you for your kind words, Mike.

My equipments have changed throughout the years. I used Canon, Olympus, Yashika (film), Nikon and Sony. But my current bodies are the Nikon D810 and I recently got the Sony A7C for its small form factor.

Regarding the types of photography I like, I really enjoy street photography even though I don’t practice it at all since people in my country don’t like their photos taken lol. I also enjoy wildlife photography.

4. mike35

mike35 Silver IV

Hi ModTester,

The Nikon 810 is a good SLR, in the film period I began
    with Nikon, my first SLR was the Nikkormat EL, but in the film era until 2006, then with the advent of digital I chose Pentax,
    and Canon recently, strictly SLR. I've tried Sony and other mirrorless but the SLR vision is priceless.
    Another thing that amazes me is that in your country you can not photograph, it seems strange.
    Today except for provisions of sensitive sites you can photograph almost everywhere.
    I frequent several photography sites including Pentaxforums, Canonclub and Juza.
    Hoping to do something nice, here are some links of ''Juza'' related to the SLR and mirrorless cameras you have, you can see the data and many photos taken with your cameras.

sony_a7c.jpg
    https://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=sony_a7c

nikon_d810.jpg
    https://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=nikon_d810

Have fun, Mike

5. ModTester

ModTester New Member

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the info and links, and I’ glad that you found some communities to share you passion.

regarding street photography, it is not that I am not allowed to photograph, but people in the streets are not happy/friendly toward having random people photographing them.

I wasn’t thinking about getting into mirrorless until recently when I found my self leaving my Nikon body and lenses behind because of their weight and size. I like to have a good quality camera with me at all times, that’s why I got the A7C and to be honest I’m loving it!

Have a good day..