Leaking

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by profoto, 2 Apr 2018.

1. salleno

salleno Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Oh ok... Good to know.

At least I'm not the only one taking note.

2. dancedar

dancedar Gold

No Limit
    I just made an excel sheet and pulled the names out and used the comparison tool, v quick & easy. It's the same few all the time

artcreator97, absentia and salleno like this.
  3. salleno

salleno Master

Good detective work!

4. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    Actually this is only partially true. I have applied your system but it turn out it has a flaw. That is why no action was taken (actually the potential leaker was banned and later unbanned because of this).

ariel likes this.
  5. anonymeditor

anonymeditor Gold

No Limit
    I have..I just posted "CREATOR CLASSES" 50 minutes ago and before 4 minutes someone trying to trade it on Reddit..
    His reddit name is "u/justinkimberly"

6. Cheetah

Cheetah Gold

No Limit
    that's normal , ill happen again and again

7. ariel

ariel Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    What about a key System combined to this Forum?
    @george

For Example: Someone uploaded a workshop to Mega, but the Files are protected by a key. Not just a simple Password, but a Software in combination with this Forum.

Let me explain.

There should be a special software you can download. This software is connected to a online based key-generator to this Forum.
    So the Software will generate a Key nobody knows - just the Forum-Software knows the key.

If somebody downloads the Folder there is just one way to unpack this -> You have to use the connected Forum-Software "Key-Generator" to unpack. The Point is, that the Key-Generator is just available for proof Gold Users.

And if we go a step further, the software should generate a hidden File in the unpacked Folder. So the File will show who and when the files are unpacked. This will be easy to download the Files from other platforms and see who was the leaker.

I know there is a lot of work to do, but if someone knows how to code, this should be possible.

wasislos69 and Kount like this.
  8. anonymeditor

anonymeditor Gold

No Limit
    This is possible !

9. xiaoyuer

xiaoyuer Master

Gold Member No Limit
    good idear

10. wasislos69

wasislos69 New Member

so i think it is an unnecessary idea respectively it is way too much work to write a program for such a thing
    Pretty sure there's nothing you can do about it.
    it is in principle up to us that we do not distribute it you always have some who publish it somewhere
    even if someone should program it then it should be someone familiar because in the end you do not know what this program can do

11. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Technically it can't be done. I was involved in such measures. You can't secure against an insider who wants to share illegally.
    I'm an IT Pro.

What you're asking is to create a mule in each posting, and then what? How would you get rid of that mule later on?
    You're opening the door for tracking codes! Who will control em then?
    Do you know what is spam!!
    Indeed you can create Tracking Codes for a websites, not for something we share..

jmgcg1 likes this.
  12. ariel

ariel Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    I`m asking about an SQL Database with Key-Authentication and this should be possible. It is easier than Blockchain and if this works, this idea may work as well.

Of course there should be an authority to control this system and not coded by a third party to prevent spam, trojan etc.

13. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

If it works, sell it to the authors creating tutorial courses..

Nikon4life likes this.
  14. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

In the other thread, the idea from @george is to close the subscription when we hit 10k members.
    But the issue remains the same, if among those 10k members, there are 100 leakers and they have GOLD status, I think the leaks still gonna happen.

I've come to the idea with another higher level, Diamond, which applies to particular content (as an example : the contents with the value above $500). And this diamond level only can be accessed with members with a certain status (maybe Pro level above).

It can limit the access of the leaks (which this level can't be purchased; you have to add the value to the community, share good content, get likes, and reach Pro Level). If will be easier to control who is the leakers, because it filtered nicely among the holders of the Diamond level.

If they want to leak out the Gold level content, it is fine. But at least, we can create P-V cLub own premium content that can't be accessed everywhere. We protect it with a Diamond level. Or if admin wants to sell this Diamond Level, at least $5,000~$10,000 as an investment is good enough to make the leakers think about this.

In the future, a group of leakers will arrange a Group Buy of PV-Club Diamond Membership maybe (hahaha).

But again, according to @george there is a flaw in this idea and can't be applied.

In my opinion, the cons of my idea:
    *It will be not favorable for some of the members that only a content receiver (they pay to be GOLD, only to enjoy and download the content, without sharing any content - probably due to their limitation in the economy or access to the contents).

Love to hear your opinion on this, and I believe this is considered the quickest way to execute.

Thank you
    moonwalker1985

15. bholenath

bholenath Gold

No Limit
    Err the leaker to GFXTRA has been around for a long time. Before I even came here, infact that's how I found out about this place. So limiting memberships, etc is not going to work. So yeah, you don;t need 100 leakers. 1 is more than enough. And eventually unless a group is completely private things will get leaked so sadly need to stop worrying about it now.

fuckoffnuce and moonwalker like this.
  16. Ruslan17

Ruslan17 Gold Nova

No Limit
    fuckoffnuce likes this.
  17. wagaboo

wagaboo Gold Nova

No Limit
    it's the nature of warez

18. mr.c

mr.c Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Just saw some of my posts like Vulture Labs - B&W Post Processing Video Tutorial showed up on Gfxtra and Portrait master printing release psdly yesterday and today also Gfxtra.
    Have to say yes even if it is warez scene/thing it is a bit disappointing and will actually lead that posters often will not post everything they have (incl. me).
    Sorry little frustrated had to get it off my chest.
    Happy holidays!

xiaoyuer, Jupiter and lkngood like this.
  19. visualsoft

visualsoft Gold Nova

No Limit
    You are right but unfortunately can not be control. Must be a system to control which likes are the same in the posts that are leaked. Would be even impossibile. Maybe people have 2/3 accounts and leak..
    Happy holodays

20. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

I feel you mate, I shared many stuff here but ended up in other forums. I purchased it with my own money and saw someone here just take it and share it outside.
    Happy Holiday, hope the admin finds a way to solve it soon.

Daukness likes this.