Leaking

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by profoto, 2 Apr 2018.

1. h1ghm1nd

h1ghm1nd p-v.club founder

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    He is now banned.
    Banning IPs does not help very much, as people can get a new IP pretty fast.

Rustyphoto and alex111 like this.
  2. Andrew989

Andrew989 Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    we should required ( Number like posts or number like received) to get away new user from strange IP leaking

3. convectuoso

convectuoso Moderator

I feel like that puts people off from joining in the first place. I came for the Hero Shot. If there hadn't been a buy-in for GM (and it was based on some weird credit/like system) then I'm almost certain I'd never have joined.

4. Astral

Astral Gold Nova

No Limit
    I have noticed the same. I have posted exclusive stuff that I purchased myself which is very hard considering I can't work due to having a stroke (photography is a hobby to help me rehabilitate) and every time I post stuff for the people here I find it leaked onto gfxtra. I am getting pissed off with it now. Makes me not want to share although I am still doing.

5. convectuoso

convectuoso Moderator

It's weird. It's not as though there's a paywall for most of the content here, nor is registration off/invitation only. Of everything, this is probably the most accessible resource.

6. NanaNikon

NanaNikon Legendary

I agree! I was in that forum for a long time, but can't find what I need there any more...I LOVE this forum and soooo thankful to all the contributors here!!

alex111 likes this.
  7. dangthisgirl

dangthisgirl Gold

No Limit
    Hi guys! I just checked the gfxtra site and almost (if not all) shared presets here are re-posted there :( and the sequence is uncanny!!! :(

alex111 likes this.
  8. DonAlderon

DonAlderon Guest

Is this a joke? Most of these tutorials posted here can be found in lots of places on the internet (cause its huge) long before this site. Piracy is piracy and I find banning people for the exact same thing everyone here is doing to be silly. Perhaps we should focus on making this site the best it can be and not worry what other pirates are doing? Just a thought.

alex111 and felixfischer like this.
  9. NanaNikon

NanaNikon Legendary

When I was in a GB thread on CG for Pratik Naik Retouching course, one of the comments had the link for this forum...that's how I found out about you guys...and I'm definitely here to stay! I'm so sorry for those who are having your shares leaked...that's really rotten :(

10. xtremecoder

xtremecoder Master

Someone named superjocx has been performing some group buys on reddit but I don’t know whether the content being shared on the group buys over there was taken from here or he actually bought them himself.

On cpeers, someone named monkey_gfx has been sharing some contents.

alex111, dangthisgirl and NanaNikon like this.
  11. Saiichiro Inoue

Saiichiro Inoue Gold

No Limit
    I think the best way is only invites for those who want to be a member.. me also I was invited here.. long ago.. by the admin... because CGP lacks of photography stuffs... I really like this forum.. so much valuable tuts for photographers...

grenice, alex111 and NanaNikon like this.
  12. NanaNikon

NanaNikon Legendary

OMG'sh...yeah if I got into a GB and paid for content that wasn't being purchased, that would make me mad. Both of those names sound familiar, but I know I haven't gotten into any GB's with either of them

alex111 and Saiichiro Inoue like this.
  13. Saiichiro Inoue

Saiichiro Inoue Gold

No Limit
    I know that guy superjocx he also the one who makes GB on CGP

alex111 and NanaNikon like this.
  14. NanaNikon

NanaNikon Legendary

I too am a photographer who came here after my frustration with photographers being shot down by CGP admins. I hate that some shady people here could possibly ruin it for all of us. I mean yeah, lets face it, what we are doing here isn't ok or legal...I get that, but to take content that you didn't pay for and resale it for your own profit is very shady. I'm a struggling photographer trying to help support my family. I have a daughter and grandson with a severe medical condition, and I'm their caregiver. I can't work the hours needed to pay for my education and supplies, and this group gives me the education I need to stay on top of the game, and the tools to edit my work beautifully, so I will be hired again. I only take what I need, and I help others who are struggling as well. Some photographers get to the top and charge an arm and leg for training, with the promise of being just as successful as them one day...I once paid $800 for such training. My family ate beans and potatoes for a month, and the training I got was horrible :( I just can't pay for rip off "educators" again. Some photographers are caring, helpful people, who would help another struggling photographer out, because they remember what it's like to be in their shoes, with no money, not a clue as to how to make money, but they've got a great eye for photography, a dream of making it big one day, and they desperately need to feed their family. I'm that kind of photographer. I'm humble, and very thankful for what I've received here, and I'm so very sorry for the kind souls that are trying to lend a helping hand here, but are getting burned in the meantime. I didn't wait to get likes in order to get free content. This site takes money to run, and I'm more than happy to pay $10 a month for what I get here. Yes, pirating is wrong, but at the end of the day, my family gets to eat, and I get to pay my rent because of the gracious, free training I've received...for that, I don't apologize...I say thank you :)

Ruf1, Parkhillian, Marie007 and 9 others like this.
  15. h1ghm1nd

h1ghm1nd p-v.club founder

Well, you said it all and you managed to cover all the important topics in this single post. And I completely agree with you.
    This is why I started this forum and I this is why I will continue - for members like you. So I really wish to thank you and to wish your grandson and you good health and good luck.
    And for the leakers - it will be sooner or later - but they will be banned.
    They do not understand this community and they do not respect it so they are not welcomed here.

tarrek, Philoryang, alex111 and 5 others like this.
  16. NanaNikon

NanaNikon Legendary

Awe thank you, and I really do appreciate and respect you and all the contributors in this group very much! I will continue to support you all here!

alex111 likes this.
  17. tribal

tribal Legendary

Well, here is necroing old post and venting myself, basically all my lately preset posts have been posted on graphicex after a day or two (as I convert presets from dng to xmp myself, i always just slightly change something in xmp file so I can trace it back to me).

I know this post won't change anything, but I swear to god I will post for GOLDS only if the number of leaks don't fall. If that also won't help, I will send to each person who liked my post a slightly different preset until i root the f****r out or die trying.

OK, I have vented, back to business.

NanaNikon, Astral, tomlead and 4 others like this.
  18. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Guys, I felt I was all alone feeling the same way. People, I feel you and I am also like everybody in here.

NanaNikon likes this.
  19. DonAlderon

DonAlderon Guest

I mean anything posted on the internet be it legal or not will spread, there is no necessity in getting angry or surprised. Abstinence is the only way to avoid the spread. So make em gold or not the internet will be the same either way. Think about the folks that work really hard to make these tutorials and here comes a site that gives them away for free. Their anger must be justified as well so if you believe in rectifying the frustration then remove yourself from the problem all together?

20. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Jeepers, when are ya leavin' DonAlderon?