Gold Lincoln Harrison - Startrails tutorial

Discussion in 'Photo Tutorials' started by Raider, 22 Jan 2022.

1. Raider

Raider Silver III

Gold Member
    This tutorial covers my complete startrails processing workflow, starting out with 760 RAW images straight out of the camera and combining them into a single finished startrail image (below).

It covers cleaning and stacking the images, applying the ‘comet fade’ effect to the trails, blending the stacked star images with a twilight foreground image, color processing and finishing touches.

Photoshop CC/CS is required, Tony Kuyper’s TK Actions Panel is recommended.

The download is 4 video files in MP4 format with a resolution of 3440x1440. Download size is 2.8GB. Runtime is approximately 83 minutes.

The tutorial is recorded on a Windows PC, if you are a Mac user substitute the Control and Alt keys for Command and Option.

I don’t include my RAW images due to the download size (36GB), but I do include 3000px wide JPG versions so you can use these to follow along with the videos or just examine the camera settings I used.

tutorial-2.jpg

Link:
    https://www.lincolnharrison.com/tutorials

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

Nowik666, jjedi69, faget00 and 46 others like this.
  2. iam

iam New Member

This is amazing, thank you!!!

xiaoyuer likes this.