Gold Lindsay Adler - Learn+ Episode 9 - Model Portfolio - January 2022 Recipe Guide

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by greerg, 25 Mar 2023.

1. greerg

greerg Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Learn-Plus-EP9-Model-Portfolio-Lindsay-Adler_Page_1.jpg

Link: https://learn.lindsayadlerphotography.com/plus/2022/01/episode-9-model-portfolio/

Download:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**
    Photographing models can be glamorous, fun and create stunning images… but what are the expectation and etiquette? How do you get models from agencies? What kind of images are they hoping to get from you? That is what we will talk about in this episode!

We will begin with an interview of Jorge Urena, model agent for Industry Model Management in NY. I will ask him all the questions that photographers are always dying to know! What is an agent looking for when a photographer reaches out for a test? How do you get hired/paid for shooting model portfolios? Are mood boards important? You’ll learn all of his insights an more!

After the interview join me for a test shoot with two of Jorge’s newer models, helping them get some essential portfolio looks. When building a model’s book (aka portfolio) we are usually trying to showcase the model’s natural beauty, skills with posing/movement, multi angles of the subject’s face, and ability to emote.

During a test shoot, I typically will start with some cleaner and less stylized looks that showcase the subject as a raw canvas. After that has been accomplished, then I have more flexibility to move on to creative techniques (unusual lighting, hair, makeup and more). In this episodes we focus on cleaner looks that will make any agent happy to work with you as a photographer!

2. greerg

greerg Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
  3. Fbblover

Fbblover New Member

Gold Member
    Thanks @Greeg !

4. theletmeinproject

theletmeinproject New Member