[LinkedInLearning]DaVinci Resolve Software Features and Workflows

Discussion in 'Video Tutorials' started by grenice, 2 Oct 2021.

1. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit

- Welcome to this course, which is designed to skill you up on common workflows and important features that everyone working in DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studios should understand. This series is designed to be version agnostic. What do I mean by that? Well, most of the workflows and features covered in this course apply equally to the current version of Resolve as it does to past versions. But a few topics we cover have seen important changes in the last version or two of Resolve. In those cases I'll describe how they worked on the older version and I'll show you how they work today. This course makes the assumption you're already familiar with DaVinci Resolve. You should understand how the media pool works and how to import media for use in Resolve. You should know how to create a timeline, how to trim in the Edit page. Know how to do some simple color correcting, including adding serial nodes. You should also be familiar with the Deliver page and how to render from the render queue. If you need a primer on any of these topics. Then be sure to watch my Resolve Fundamentals course, which covers all of this. And it's my introduction into DaVinci Resolve. My name is Patrick Inhofer. I've been working in post-production for over 30 years. I started in New York City as an editor, and I've dedicated myself to digital finishing and color grading for over the past 20 years. This series is designed for anyone who wants to go beyond the absolute basics of each of the pages in Resolve. It covers workflows and techniques for getting Resolve to work the way you want it to work. This course will show you how to solve the problem of stuttery playback. Using features such as the Render cash. Proxy media, and Optimized media. There also a range of preferences to help Resolve stay responsive to your interactions, even if you're on an older computer. Finally, I'll give you some ideas on how to supplement the software with hardware devices like I have here in my color grading suite. You'll learn why I simply don't use a keyboard and a mouse. I give you ideas for speeding up your editing, color correction, and setting up a room for client collaboration. We'll talk about black magic hardware that's designed specifically for DaVinci Resolve. I'll also point out a few alternatives that can be used with a variety of post-production software. My goal in this course is to help you speed up your interactions with the software. To help you eliminate stumbling blocks and to show you the tools within Resolve that can help everyone become more efficient. No matter if your primary focus is on the Edit, Color, Fairlight or Fusion page.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

2. sjondem

sjondem New Member

Thank you