Lists of Official P-V Club 'Other Language' > English .SRTs & Splitters

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by cassini, 20 Apr 2020.

1. cassini

cassini Legend

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Hi there, kindly see the Lists of Official P-V Club 'Other Language

English .SRTs > volunteers who generate English Subtitles
    1. @jack412
    2. @Malli
    3. @frederikko

Splitters > volunteers who slice and split tutorials with maximum video length.

OK, I'll be assigning @jack412 , to lead this team. Since this his forte, I have seen him how he creates .SRT and English Subtitle like just snap of a sorcery. I'll be looping @h1ghm1nd , @george , @vrdude , @lkngood and other admins, so they'll get notified.

So, whenever you search the > Other Language > on with the search Menu!
    upload_2020-4-21_0-9-30.png

You'll see, tons and bunch of Other Language
    upload_2020-4-21_0-16-45.png
    In here, there's a lot of people screaming out and inquiring for English Subtitles and .SRT. Since, like you and me, English is our 2nd Language. There's a lot of procters, trainers and teachers on their native language who are very fast whenever they do talked, and just a glimpse of a small word. You'll already miss a thing, and especially if it's technical or anything. Some of tutorials has a default of .SRTs on it, but others don't have. That's why I do create this team, so it will be easy for all of us.

and mostly we do received are:
    Domestika - Spanish
    RUS - Russian
    only few, Germans, French or Latin. Oops, not sure if we already have Latin in here.

However, I do encourage the team to do only the 'Other Language' whenever only someone inquired for that tutorial. Not that you'll fill everything in here. We don't want you to make these things as a full-time work, OK. We don't want you to get exhausted. But it's up to you, anyway you'll be the one who will benefit it. Not me or anyone, but you of course. For now, your both only 2 in the team but I am looking forward to it, in a later soon there will be more. It will be better coordinate with each other who take on making the .SRTs, or sharing knowledge will be a good one. Sorry, I'd like to help up but it's not my forte. I'd just give it to you guys. Again, in the bottom of my heart thank you so much.

I would like to introduce you guys, to our new volunteers in here and may we call them English .SRTs. Please do inquire for it first, if you want to make a request for them on English Subtitles or .SRTs.

And calling out all members. If you do have a free time, and do have an expertise on creating English Subs and .SRTs. With talents that could make things within a jiffy. We would like to encourage you to be a volunteer in here, just indicate your name below, so I could add you up in the official list. This way it will be easy for you to increase your likes in the P-V Club.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 1 Jul 2020
  2. Nikon4life

Nikon4life VIP

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    This is a great idea and effort by those willing to assist with such an endeavor!!

cassini likes this.
  3. cassini

cassini Legend

Hi! @Nikon4life I highly agree with you. This way both ends will have a benefit to each other, the person will be volunteering will earn much more of likes and the other end will be having an easy way out keeping up on his/her studies with the 'Other Language'. Yeah, because I am all with you guys. Some procters or teachers in here are very fast when they talked with their own native language, it's so hard to get along when you missed something in just a few words. Anyway, cheers, to all of us! We will be looking forward to it, that there will be more who will volunteer to be on this team. Thank you.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2020
  4. frederikko

frederikko New Member

I could give it a try ! Fred.

5. gotthard

gotthard Pro

Bravo.Nice move. There are some Russian Gems out there

6. TheBeardedMonk

TheBeardedMonk Master

No Limit
    cassini likes this.
  7. cassini

cassini Legend

Reminder:
    And guys, we would like to request to split or slice o splitting the tutorials for Other Language. Please do have a concern and consider that all our English Translator / .SRTs have a limited resources too, in regards to their systems requirements on their PC / laptop they have.

We do encourage other people, who could also be on the team on slicing or splitting the tutorials for the Other Language. So that, it will be easy for them to Translate each and every tutorial.

For examples, > only to show the length of time in every tutorial
    upload_2020-4-22_19-44-53.png

Instead of, such as like this. This is only an example, that's why other people are hesitating to translate it because of the length of the tutorial. So, let us put ourselves in their shoes. Translating and making English Subs, or .SRTs are not that easy. There's a lot of softwares and application they will go through on their workflow. Looking at it, loading a 4 hours or 1 hour, right! It is a time consuming, and we're only doing this for volunteering, and we're not even paying them. Even though, you pay them, it's not worthy, because, it's really a pain in the ass because, it's a time consuming.

upload_2020-4-22_19-51-38.png
    So, we do encourage if someone would upload and if the tutorial on the 'Other Language' is very interesting and promising. If it would be alright to, slice and split the tutorial with a minimum 15 mins to 25 mins maximum.

Resolution Sample .mp4 length when split to generate for .SRTs

Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 01 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 02 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 03 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 04 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 05 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 06 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 07 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 08 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 09 > 0:25:00
    Irina Dzhul - Post Processing 10 > 0:25:00

This way, our volunteers for English .SRTs will be having an easy way to generate English Subtitles without any hassle.

Attached Files:

Mystic Wolf likes this.
  8. cassini

cassini Legend

Hi guys, good day! I would like to introduce to you another joiner for this team! Please, give around of welcome to our very own.

@Malli

jack412 likes this.
  9. Mystic Wolf

Mystic Wolf Legend

Trusted No Limit
    totally agree @cassini

cassini likes this.
  10. cassini

cassini Legend

Hi @jack412 , please meet our new recruit for team ENGLISH SUBS / .SRTs, @Malli . You could work together if the tutorial is way too long. But still you could request for them to split the files, so it will be easy on your end. I believe, all of us do have low range of PC systems requirements when it comes to hardware. So you do have the right to request for the requestor in splitting the files. :) Regards.

jack412 likes this.