Luminar Neo 1.13 (Summer 2023 update - win)

Discussion in 'Panels & Plugins' started by Dde, 10 Oct 2023.

1. Dde

Dde Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Last edited: 10 Oct 2023
    MANJU, techsound, reatnao and 19 others like this.
  2. MilanSmithy

MilanSmithy New Member

Thank you for the upload. Appreciate it. After, Luminar 4, I'm ready to give this, now more mature app a try.

[Begin rant] As a sidenote, not related to your post, I just wish we could go back to old school. One app version release every few years. So you can develop established workflow. These new rapid release process is, add a feature, make sure you don't fix any bugs, Let the users report the bugs ,than update the app every week or so. Even with fixed bugs, there are new ones introduced and its a pain to have to reinstall, so its just my rant on the new normal for many of these companies that I wish it was not so. [end rant]

3. Dde

Dde Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Yes you're right, and cracked apps leads to additional bugs.
    For professional photographers, a good raw developer and photoshop is far enough. -this piece of software it's made for enthusiasts users with limited knowledge and hardware equipments.
    All AI technologies except few products (dxo pureraw in my case) are useless for pro-grade users

Last edited: 11 Oct 2023
  4. MilanSmithy

MilanSmithy New Member

DXO is quite professional in their approach, yes. Its my primary software for raw image processing. I have a feeling Luminar was once advertised as some kind of revolution in AI for image processing and while it was clear from the start that the company put more money in marketing and fancy features than stability, performance or pro features, eventually they even abandoned that business model and resorted to basically a host application called neo, that they use to sell mediocre AI plug ins. That is my impression at least.

5. Dde

Dde Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Luminar neo drive a different business model as I can see.
    The Dxo converter was tested a couple of times the last 15 years but due to lack of smart objects support (as all 3rd party converters) I am stuck win adobe ecosystem -(but dxo never be my first choice or a second)

MilanSmithy likes this.
  6. DesertFox

DesertFox Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    If you don't wish to update but once a year, don't! Also, provided you use the updates from the same repacker, you can simply install over the top ... a very simple procedure! Of course that would mean you need to know from the OP just who the repacked the version(s) being offered here. To bitch and whine about something you aren't paying a single penny for is ridiculous!