Mac programs

Discussion in 'Photo Effects' started by Sgto Camion, 6 Jul 2021.

1. Sgto Camion

Sgto Camion Silver IV

No Limit
    Hi guys, I was always a windows user but now I just bought a macbook pro with Macos Big Sur installed and I need some programs and if possible some explanation of how to install them:
    Imagenomic Portraiture 3
    Photo Mechanic
    Exposure

Thank you

2. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Congrats! Nice rig!

Sgto Camion likes this.
  3. HappyMacmX

HappyMacmX Gold Nova

No Limit
    In general you get a zip or a dmg, the zip expands and the dmg mounts, both with double click, when the dmg mounts there should be an *.app file, drag it to your applications folder and that's it, app installed and ready to use.

Also there's the *.pkg file, that's an installer but same thing, double click and follow the instructions.

If you get an *.app file inside a zip, same thing just expand it to your applications folder.

Those are the basics.

Sgto Camion likes this.
  4. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Disable Gatekeeper to allow installation of non app store apps by
    sudo spctl –master-disable
    And if you get damaged application warning or something damaged dialogue box,
    you need to disable System Integrity Protection or sip by following steps :
    1. Turn off your Mac (Apple > Shut Down).
    2. (a) Hold down Command-R and press the Power button. Keep holding Command-R until the Apple logo appears.
    (b) Holding Option (⌥) or Alt on restart is also an alternative option which enables you to select boot option, in which you need to select recovery.
    3. Wait for OS X to boot into the OS X Utilities window.
    4. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
    5. Enter csrutil disable.
    6. Enter reboot.

See if it works for you.

Sgto Camion likes this.
  5. Sgto Camion

Sgto Camion Silver IV

No Limit
    I wanted to install the Exposure 6 according to your instructions but couldn't. First a box appeared with an installer in Russian and a manual installer, I double clicked on the Russian installer and it told me that it did not recognize that software, so I tried the manual installation of exposure 6 bundle installer but a warning appeared that it was corrupted and in the extras folder are those 3 files. If you can suggest the way forward, I would appreciate it very much.
    wanted to install the Exposure 6 according to your instructions but couldn't. First a box appeared with an installer in Russian and a manual installer, I double clicked on the Russian installer and it told me that it did not recognize that software, so I tried the manual installation of exposure 6 bundle installer but a warning appeared that it was corrupted and in the extras folder are those 3 files. If you can suggest the way forward, I would appreciate it very much.

6. Sgto Camion

Sgto Camion Silver IV

No Limit

Attached Files:

7. HappyMacmX

HappyMacmX Gold Nova

No Limit
    Yeah, well... that's cracked software and apple is getting tough, especially big sur and some cracks absolutely need gatekeeper off to work, for security reasons I don't recommend disabling it but is your choice.

You're dealing with a kinda tricky situation here that needs a little more knowledge, if you want to use that kind of software you need some more steps to get it working but I think that's too deep if you're really new.

On the TNT package, that's a dmg inside another dmg, mount the dmg and then mount the one inside the first one, there's what you want, you don't need that extra folder, those are just identification files from the group.

Now the worst thing, I believe TNT isn't releasing stuff for M1 processors yet meaning that the whole package you're trying to install could be intel only and of course it won't work.