Mega account suspended

Discussion in 'Photo-Video Club News' started by Foxman2k, 4 Mar 2022.

1. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    I've said this from the beginning. To join, you should be required to have something to share.

Even prior to my approval, I sent an email noting courses I was willing to contribute, making it clear that I was here for the right reasons.

2. janabart

janabart Gold Nova

No Limit
    Yesterday my mega account was suspended, is there another alternative to upload what I lost?

3. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    1fichier

janabart likes this.
  4. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

filen.io pricing.jpg

4 bucks a month for 500gb of storage, and unlimited bandwidth. filen.io

cassini and janabart like this.
  5. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit

I'm sure I'm not the only one here because I don't want to pay for things ;). Really, I'd have no desire to pay to host something I paid for so others could receive it free, either.

Halfevil likes this.
  6. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

understood. Just an option.

7. janabart

janabart Gold Nova

No Limit
  8. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    fyI, guys! I've created another account again. And guess what? Within a week, my account is already banned? I've never uploaded and downloaded anything. So, f******* weird, right?

I'm just doing a test run. Mega, is going berserk without any reason. Therefore, the MEGA.NZ is no longer reliable.

And I'm so glad, I didn't save or uploaded anything as my backup for the cloud.

9. whiterose1991

whiterose1991 Gold Nova

No Limit
    both of my accounts got shut down as well, so done with mega

trying out icedrive.net/ free account, hoping its better

10. Foxman2k

Foxman2k Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    FYI, just received notice about suspension with the next complain:

We are in receipt of a takedown notice affecting the following public link in your account:

Link: XXXXX

Submitter of notice: legal@taramapes.com

Please be reminded that MEGA respects the copyrights of others and requires that users of the MEGA cloud service comply with the laws of copyright. You are strictly prohibited from using the MEGA cloud service to infringe copyrights. You may not upload, download, store, share, display, stream, distribute, email, link to, transmit or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.

The fun (?!) is that the link in the notice was not shared by me (it is not from my account) and also I NEVER shared anything related to Tara Mapes (because first of all I have nothing of their content even for curiosity)!!!

Its all got truly weird!

11. bbrooks

bbrooks Master

That got me thinking and I checked the Tara Mapes Fine Arts Tutorial + Caricature share and I never liked it...so apparently, I may not have had it either?? Tara isn't my style so it makes sense that I wouldn't have liked or downloaded it. That being said, it's not stopped me from liking and downloading before so maybe so? I don't have anything of Tara's in my downloaded backup either, but I also wasn't able to get absolutely everything before takedown, so who knows? Weird.

12. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

Good paid alternative to mega is uptobox.com

upload_2022-3-28_20-54-51.png

upload_2022-3-28_20-55-14.png

13. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    Alright....I have definitely never had a Tara Mapes link because I didn't even know she had courses :mad:. So yea...she is in this group and just reporting everything.

Every single one of my files, from all six mega accounts have been WIPED.

NOW can we stop crawling?!

This is from three days ago:

We are in receipt of a takedown notice affecting the following public link in your account:

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!HvpCFBpL

Submitter of notice: legal@taramapes.com

Please be reminded that MEGA respects the copyrights of others and requires that users of the MEGA cloud service comply with the laws of copyright. You are strictly prohibited from using the MEGA cloud service to infringe copyrights. You may not upload, download, store, share, display, stream, distribute, email, link to, transmit or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.

Pursuant to our Terms of Service, accounts found to be repeat infringers are subject to termination. Full details, including more information on the counter-notification process, are specified in MEGA’s Terms of Service, Copyright and Takedown Guidance Policy

If you believe that your content has been wrongly disabled because you have rights to the material, then you may file a counter-notice at our dispute page.

Best regards,

Last edited: 28 Mar 2022
    bbrooks likes this.
  14. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Assuming you had NO links to any material by T-Mapes - you then should have a leg to stand on to counter the closure action. At the very least, you should receive some notice on which file was tagged as offending with resultant closure.

Keep in mind that T-Mapes legal may represent multiple authors / creators with no direct ties to nomenclature. Example: I received a takedown notice and account closure for material that I can only assume is represented by their legal.

Also might want to consider that all this reporting is "merely" some troll bomb-barding Mega Accounts of users specific to PV-Club. The sad thing is Mega appears to be a bit overzealous in simply opting to close accounts as a knee-jerk reaction to reporting instead of doing some kind of verification.

15. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    It's all been terminated. I can't view what was deleted. This is the only notice I received. My others had no warning.

But to reiterate, I didn't even know she had courses or presets...or whatever it is she does. I thought I was clear in my previous response, so there wouldn't be an "assumption" that I had none of her material.

16. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Your initial statement is clear - and that's my point - you should question Mega as to what prompted their action to close account(s); initiate an appeal process . . . especially so if it's a paid subscription account . . . ;)

17. jmgcg1

jmgcg1 Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    My acount also suspended. Funny because on that acount 90% of the material was mine, Photos , PDFs i made for my students with my own material, most of files that i created and share with my students
    Funny also
    "We process all takedown notices based on good faith acceptance of the representations from the party submitting the takedown notice. We do not review the material before processing the takedown notice."
    So...somebody is talking to Mega

18. JohnDo

JohnDo Legendary

Mega account suspended :

We have received a takedown request related to the following public link in your account :

Link: http:.// mega.nz/........

Notification submitter : ... @taramapes....

(I didn't share anything from him/her !!!)

19. JimW

JimW Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Goodbye MEGA, Terminated.....

20. claracake1

claracake1 Silver IV

No Limit
    I've had two Mega accounts shut down in the past week :( the first one absolutely depressed me because it was paid for so I had hundreds of gigs of valuable content stored on there that I hadn't backed up :( really miserable and no way at all to get all that content back again :(