Mega account suspended

Discussion in 'Photo-Video Club News' started by Foxman2k, 4 Mar 2022.

1. claracake1

claracake1 Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Exactly the same here :( I had loads of client files stored on my main Mega too because of ease of use! fortunately I'd backed all those up to external harddrives but I've still lost so many valuable resources. I absolutely despise the person responsible for all this :(

cassini likes this.
  2. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    My sympathies to ya . . . please look into building your own NAS server from "old" computer parts (or you can get as fancy; and expensive - as you see appropriate). I know it's hindsight, but you really can build one quite cheap - - - any only use these servers (for the files that feed this forum) as disposable targets . . .

You should appeal Mega though - just because your access to those files is presently null - they do have redundancy (that's their bread and butter) . . . so if you were a paying customer . . . compose a letter and follow the process to get those files back . . .

claracake1 likes this.
  3. Nikon4life

If that's Mega's process to takedown without any due diligence to investigate / (simply look at) the file being reported; that's a "shit" service not worthy of paying "any" sub- fee . . . :confused:

4. claracake1

claracake1 Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    I have about as much tech-knowledge as a slug so I don't understand NAS servers :( (funny because back in my uni days I studied quite a bit of IT and used to take computers apart... I've forgotton basically everything I learned back then, haha)

I'm not going to bother with Mega anymore, they've annoyed me with their absolutely crap customer service.. if I had of had a free throwaway account I wouldn't of been so outraged but I paid them monthly to ensure I had enough file storage and I trusted that my files would be accessible until I personally closed my account. I've cancelled my subscription to them and they can vanish for all I care. I am gutted though because it was such a user-friendly site, other file storage options are just really slow and annoying :(

Nikon4life likes this.
  5. Foxman2k

Foxman2k Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    If you did not have anything related to the person / company who made this claim (and you had there only 100% legal staff), you really should appeal to Mega first (just as a matter of fact), and after submit counter claim about claimer since they they impacted (intentionally) your business which caused value loss. They should pay back!

Nikon4life likes this.
  6. claracake1

claracake1 Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    I never shared any Tara Mapes items on here, I may of potentially had some of her stuff stored on there though (as I said, I paid for extensive storage on there so I had lots of saved tutorials and things)

Fortunately I was sensible enough to back up my client files but it's really annoying that all the other things have gone. I can't be bothered to go through the rigmarole with Mega though. Screw them! but I sincerely hope that the individual responsible gets found so they can't keep taking peoples links down.

Foxman2k likes this.
  7. Foxman2k

Foxman2k Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Actually, I also never shared their staff (first of all because I was never interested in it, and I never downloaded it). And most of the things in this my account (closed) were purchased by myself recently (or in the past, btw, I spend a lot, literally a lot on knowledge and never regret it; from other side there is no salary in the world to afford everything ;)), and I just tried to help others to improve their skills. Thanks God, I never put anything critical to Cloud and prefer local (redundant like few copies) storage, which was mentioned in this topic (NAS/RAID), and I would highly recommend it for work related things.

Concerning what is going on here, I could easily imagine a case when situation is even worse and someone who submits these claims just uses their email (by spoofing it or hacking into their system) because such actions even more nonlegal that just staff sharing.

claracake1 likes this.
  8. JohnDo

JohnDo Legendary

All she has to do is, go and see who liked her post https://p-v.club/threads/tara-mapes-fine-art-tutorials-and-caricatures-collection.29796/

Likes are usually also downloads

And then she can search in this forum if anyone posted anything on Mega. Does not matter what! From her or not!!!! Than she makes a complane for illegal content on Mega.

Your name (Foxman2k) is also on the like list.

9. Foxman2k

Foxman2k Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Yep, I just liked, looked close to mega with the staff and decided to do not waste my time (and storage space) for that o_O

10. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Guys, I would like to have a suggestion to take out all of the TARA MAPES tutorials and stuff ASAP in all of our list. If that would be applicable for all. This way it won't affect any more on the future ahead. If that will be alright with you all. And if admins and moderators could filter out all of the request or create a notification or post. That there will be no requesting for any of TARA MAPES and other stuff, stating the issues and the whereabout for this type incidents that affect all of the Mega.NZ of this group as a reference.

11. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Btw the, 1fichier.com doesn't work for me. But the filen.io is fine and it's good to go. Looking forward to upload soon. Thanks, guys.
    upload_2022-4-8_1-50-20.png

12. Nikon4life

General question: If you have a VPN - try different location. Also - try different browser. For example - I can see filen-site files but need to use Chrome to DL files . . .

cassini likes this.
  13. nefuk

nefuk Gold

No Limit
    Under the circumstances, it would be a good idea to hide the 'likes'. There's no reason for it to be public.

Nikon4life likes this.
  14. Nikon4life

Agree - but should advise logged-in member (oneself) that an item was liked by yourself. This is helpful for mirrored items (by others member providing a mirror; the same member providing a mirror (but limited to not being able to edit OP); or OP be edited by MOD [to retain likes] but remove original link. - Just so you're aware that you already probably have this material.

After a little while on this site, one realizes how quickly HDs fill (and don't forget back-ups) . . . ;)

nefuk and lkngood like this.
  15. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    Mega will shut down an account if it receives a DMCA complaint EVEN if the content reported has nothing to do with the the person that makes the complaint.
    That is why Mega will not be recommended anymore.
    The best alternative so far is 1fichier.com.

Nikon4life likes this.