Michael Freeman's Perfect Exposure: The Professional's Guide to Capturing Perfect Digital Photos

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 12 Aug 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    [PDF] Michael Freeman's Perfect Exposure ~ The Professional's Guide to Capturing Perfect Digital Photographs

baERk7u.jpg

Biography
    Michael Freeman, professional photographer and author, with more than 100 book titles to his credit, was born in England in 1945, took a Masters in geography at Brasenose College, Oxford University, and then worked in advertising in London for six years. He made the break from there in 1971 to travel up the Amazon with two secondhand cameras, and when Time-Life used many of the pictures extensively in the Amazon volume of their World's Wild Places series, including the cover, they encouraged him to begin a full-time photographic career.

Since then, working for editorial clients that include all the world's major magazines, and notably the Smithsonian Magazine (with which he has had a 30-year association, shooting more than 40 stories), Freeman's reputation has resulted in more than 100 books published. Of these, he is author as well as photographer, and they include more than 40 books on the practice of photography - for this photographic educational work he was awarded the Prix Louis Philippe Clerc by the French Ministry of Culture. He is also responsible for the distance-learning courses on photography at the UK's Open College of the Arts.

Freeman's books on photography have been translated into fifteen languages, and are available on other Amazon international sites.

They are supported for readers by a regularly updated site, http://thefreemanview.com

REVIEWS

There are oodles of beginner-level books that explain and examine exposure (my personal favorite being Bryan Peterson's Understanding Photography Field Guide)--but not many options for those photography enthusiasts looking for guidance beyond the basics. Michael Freeman's Perfect Exposure fills this gap admirably. It's meaty, it's challenging, and I fully anticipate that I will reread it again and again over the years--and learn something new every time. If you're a prosumer looking for a serious treatment of exposure, or even a professional looking for a refresh or just a fresh take, this is the book for you.

That said, this book isn't for everyone. Freeman assumes his readers already have a basic understanding of exposure, so he doesn't spend time on the basics. The writing is dense (hence "challenging"), but worth taking the time to unpack. The layout of the examples can be a bit frustrating; none of the examples are numbered or otherwise identified, so sometimes it's difficult (if not impossible) to determine which pictures the accompanying explanatory text is referencing when. But that's an editing/design issue, not a Freeman issue, and overall it doesn't impede understanding of Freeman's exposition. I had no trouble getting past these things--but I can see how others might.

Overall, highly recommended. But it's up to you to self-select and determine whether this book is suitable for your wants, needs, and aspirations--and personally, I do believe there are enough reviews on Amazon that you'll be able to make that determination fairly accurately.
    ---
    I own a half dozen books on exposure and I own dozens more that devote one or more chapters to exposure. I have been teaching photography (and of course exposure) and leading photography field trips for over 18 years on the adult and college level. I also wrote Digital Photography Exposure for Dummies which you can find here on Amazon.com. My goal was to write one of the most detailed and comprehensive books on basic through advanced exposure techniques. With all of that background in mind, it is my opinion that Michael Freeman's book is far and away the best book in print on professional exposure techniques. You will learn things it would be hard to find (all together) in any other single, current book on exposure. And Freeman's images are gorgeous. He is one of the best and most prolific photography writers out there and several of his books are among the most helpful and inspiring in my library. He is, in my opinion, amazing.

REFERENCE:
    https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Freemans-Perfect-Exposure-Professionals/dp/B01FKUAO3C

DOWNLOAD:
    https://p-v.club/threads/michael-fr...ring-perfect-digital-photos.3673/#post-164630

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Feb 2022
  2. xavier

xavier New Member

Gold Member
    No working the link

3. VENOM

VENOM Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Mirrors are welcome.

4. JohnDo

JohnDo Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    New mirror link :

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 23 Nov 2022
  5. Twisted_Tristan69

Twisted_Tristan69 Gold

No Limit
    Please re up link if possible? Thanks

longlongago likes this.
  6. JohnDo

JohnDo Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    MIRROR UPDATED !!!