mLooks for DaVinci Resolve

Discussion in 'Photo/Video LUTs' started by Jonathan, 12 Mar 2020.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Silver IV

No Limit
    Last edited: 12 Mar 2020
    edek, rafnews, ptisu and 100 others like this.
  2. Daukness

Daukness Silver IV

decryption key is missing

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Silver IV

No Limit
    updated, sorry 1st time use mega.

4. Daukness

Daukness Silver IV

no prob. appreciate the efforts. Thx for sharing.

5. Snook

Snook Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Anybody happen to know where or how to install these in Davinci Resolve 18? they are .drx and .dpx files and there is no info on the motion vfx site?
    Thanks

6. salleno

salleno Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I thought you knew all about LUTs....

7. salleno

salleno Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Anyway....

Resolve’s native format for storing and sharing grades is called “Stills” and “PowerGrades” — the difference being that Stills are specific to a particular project, whereas PowerGrades are shared across all projects of a user.

This is done using two files: The .DRX file, which is the color settings, as well as a .DPX file, which is the thumbnail. You need both in order to reimport them or share them.

If you click the Gallery window in the Color tab, you can see the directory called Stills, and below that are folders that can be customized. If you right-click in this area, you can choose to create a new Stills or PowerGrades album, which is a collection of grades. You can then import the settings shared here.

Snook likes this.
  8. Snook

Snook Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    I do know about LUT's. And thanks for your explanation above, I will do it that way.
    The mLooks Installer usually installs everything with having to go through all that and is why I asked.
    Since I am on Davinci Resolve 18.1.1 the process is a little different now apparently.
    Thanks for the Tutorial. I have been doing that for the power grades shares here.

PS> Another good tip if you want to keep power grades or these mLooks for future projects is after doing the above click the 3 dots ... and add a power bin, drag those color power grades to that power bin in under the Master menu and they will be there for all future projects.
    If not they will only be in the current project you are working on. Took me the last 2 days to figure out where the make power bin option was bc they have changed it in Davinci Resolve 18. It used to be under menu view---> But now you have to click the 3 dots in the right hand corner.