MVP resources

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by notforme004, 5 Jun 2024.

1. notforme004

notforme004 Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    What have been some game changing resources that you've come across. Something that has helped you in your career/hobby. Could be as simple as some advice you can pass along, a preset or powergrade you've incorporated into your workflow, a course that help you stand out, a youtuber that knows their stuff, gear upgrades you've made, etc. Anything from beginner to advanced, a list of your top 5, or things you are currently working on, genuinely just curious

glassklass likes this.
  2. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    wow....well, for me....a valuable treasure trove of choice presets, great education, and templates.
    Love new stuff, but commonly head back to what I feel comfy with--retouching, etc. how bout you?

3. notforme004

notforme004 Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Negative Lab Pro for sure changed things for me immensely. I got caught up in the film revival and struggled for a couple years with getting semi decent results on a scanner, so bought the plugin my self and the results i can get now and with a few tools on the flatbed is crazy. still havent pulled the trigger on DSLR scanning tho. 1000% recommend along with the FB group if film is your thing

Casey neistat had a course i skimmed a while ago (honestly I should go back), i felt like that just helped with the mentality of story telling and consistency.

Sharon and Danilo's flash masterclass was an excellent breakdown, and made me upgrade my flash.

For presets I went from RNI to Mastin to Goodlight, and now im testing out DC Film presets, Anna Roussos, filmic lab and a few others to narrow down and finish creating my own base presets.

theres so much more but im starting to branch out towards videography/cinematography, which probably why i asked this question. learning from who yall learned from just seemed like an easy cheat code

glassklass likes this.
  4. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Great!!! Best of luck with your future endeavors

notforme004 likes this.
  5. glassklass

glassklass New Member

Gold Member
    just vsco originals and tcp

6. imteee

imteee Silver IV

No Limit
    I can't stress enough how much valuable stuff that I've learned from Cullen's YT regrading color-grading. I'm happy that I came across his channel because his philosophical approach to crafting visuals is just so good to not learn from. He's holding weekly grade school which is basically a Q&A workshop where he discusses numeral topics ranging from very basic to highly technical. Definitely worth stopping by!

notforme004 likes this.
  7. notforme004

notforme004 Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Been watching him and Darren Mostyn mainly, the quality of information is super great

imteee likes this.
  8. imteee

imteee Silver IV

No Limit
    Glad you enjoy their stuff!