My Four Hens / M4H - The Kinfolk Photoshop Action Collection

Discussion in 'Actions' started by bbrooks, 14 Dec 2021.

1. bbrooks

bbrooks Legend

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Screen-Shot-2021-12-11-at-2-03-10-AM.png

https://myfourhensphotography.com/s...ools/photoshopactions/the-kinfolk-collection/

The Kinfolk Photoshop Action Collection may be my most favorite set ever! I am so excited to share that this is a FULLY customizable and buildable collection featuring a combination of both Creative and “Helper” actions, designed for you to customize your workflow to your own creative vision. I share my own workflow (Serendipity is my favorite and the one I use most on my work!) as well as nine other creative actions to really give you control of your creative process. There are also 22 Helper actions to breath life into your work and build a polished, beautiful edit. These actions are all completely adjustable and easy to use, but I also include a simple editing video sharing tips on how to get the most out of your workflow!

In the previews you will notice I shared not only a before and after but how I build my edits using the helper actions! Please feel free to use those as a guide!

In addition I also am adding my favorite quick ACR presets (I also turned those into a simple set of actions for you if you prefer not to use camera raw filter I Photoshop) These presets serve as “helper” Presets and can be used along with any creative edit you have already done! They are a staple of my client workflow! These are a BONUS for those that purchase the actions right now!

Kinfolk includes are a set of 32 Photoshop actions compatible with Photoshop CC only.
    The bonus Simple Set includes another 14 Photoshop Actions. If you choose to use the Presets there are also 15 Presets including three black and white presets!

These actions include:

22 “Helper actions”

Bold & Rich (great for a little bit of depth), Cerulean Blue Skies, Clear + Bright Eyes (my go to for every portrait), Cool it Down, Creamy Touch, Define Clouds, Duplicate Image (for those that were a fan of that feature in my older actions), Film Grain, Lights On, New Grass Tones, Paint Candy Color, Paint on Light, Quick Black and White, Quick Pop, Reign in Haze, Smooth Noise, Sunny Tone, Texturizer, Tone Reds, Velvety Skin, Vintage Reds.

10 Creative Actions

Atlas, Buttercream, Clean and Colorful, Good Karma, Lighthearted, Moonstone, Serendipity, Sonder, Sunfaded and Whisky.

The Simple Set actions are:

Boost Yellow, Dirt and Honey (this can also be used as a creative action), Enrich One (a staple of my workflow), Enrich Two, Golden Warmth, Nightingale (another potential creative action), Simple Defog, Simple Pop, Squeaky Clean, Squeaky Clean + Contrast, Quick Boost, Very Subtle Creamy, Warm Boost and Warm Color Shift.

You can also use most of the simple sets as presets and they are included in the download.

AND an amazing editing video sharing how to use these actions and a few of my favorite actions tips in Photoshop (including tips on portraiture though I didn’t use it in any of these previews to preserve the integrity of the actions previews.)

Pro Tips:

Run one action at a time and flatten in between. Make sure you tweak the opacities and play with the adjustment layers while you find a combo that works for you. For the record my favorites are Serendipity, Bold and Rich, Paint Candy Color, and Velvety Skin on allll the things. The actions typically work best if run on the background layer.

Many of the helper actions also include masks so you can paint the effect on right where you want it! Super easy!

Basically, don’t leave anything as it is! And make sure to watch the included video to learn some of my favorite tricks for editing with actions to streamline your own workflow!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 13 Mar 2022
    otol.antic, Bob, AMORN and 99 others like this.
  2. EricLauGuanXian

EricLauGuanXian Veteran

No Limit
    thank you!

3. janabart

janabart Master

No Limit
    Thank You

4. Pixeldust

Pixeldust Master

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Thank you!