Gold Nature Photographers Network - Melissa Schäfer - How the polar bear has changed my life

Discussion in 'Photo Tutorials' started by curiousdude, 8 Jun 2024.

1. curiousdude

curiousdude Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    https://community.naturephotographers.network/c/learning/webinar-recordings/133

[​IMG]

About the Webinar
    This webinar will bring you to the top of the world, where the great white one rules the ice and fjords of Svalbard. I will share parts of my story - how I got here, and what drives me to do this.

I will bring you to the world of ice and snow to make you feel the adrenaline when standing in front of a polar bear with nothing but mountains and fjords around. I share some personal stories about our work in the Arctic and how I photograph in the high Arctic. I want my work to inspire a meaningful change by creating a personal connection to these animals. By sharing my emotions, I hope to make you feel the same, to make you care and fall in love. Because it’s only through love that we can save the future for our natural world and all its inhabitants.

I will also talk about my newest project with you, which recently celebrated the release of its second volume. The “Mother” magazine is about storytelling and photography, a collective of women worldwide who share their stories and love for this planet. Through these visual and emotional experiences, we can drive a positive change in our world. Join me on this webinar, and together, we will dive deeper into the world we all share, feel the cold wind of the Arctic, and learn about “Mother” magazine. Be part of a positive change.

About Melissa
    From her early childhood days in Hamburg, Germany, Melissa Schäfer has viewed the world through her camera lens. With a background in creative and portrait photography she has always had a unique eye for the surroundings. A deep love for the Arctic and polar bears as well as a strong commitment to nature and the environment is a foundation for all her work. In 2020 Melissa and her partner Fredrik Granath published their book “Polar Tales” worldwide in English. It has also been published in German as “Das Königreich der Eisbären”, Swedish as “Bortom isbjörnens rike” and Chinese. Melissa is the founder and editor in chief of “Mother” magazine, and has been published by The New York Times, National Geographic, GEO as well as many others. Together with Fredrik and their Motherbear Productions she also organizes expeditions in the Arctic.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

Hathibhai, Zully, Daukness and 8 others like this.