Done Negative Lab Pro (LR Plugin by Nate Photographic)

Discussion in 'Photo Requests' started by Leona95, 7 Nov 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leona95

Leona95 Gold Nova

No Limit
    nlp.jpg

DSLR Film Scanning: The Secret to Perfect Color Negatives

For photographers who still love shooting analog film (like myself), DSLR Film scanning holds incredible promise. It offers analog photographers the best of all worlds, with incredible image quality and gorgeous colors from their negative scans in a faster, easier workflow.

But here’s the thing… DSLR Film scanning also takes a bit of setup, equipment and know-how to get great negative scans. And with color negatives especially, getting great colors in the conversion is far from a given. As I’ve built my own setup for scanning film, I’ve seen a lot of mistakes that can trip you up and degrade your results.

So whether you are looking to try DSLR scanning for the first time, or you just want to improve the results from your setup, this guide is for you!

I’ll take you through my DSLR-scanning workflow step-by-step, showing you what to do and (just as importantly) mistakes you should avoid. We’ll look at:

• Why use your DSLR to scan your film negatives?
    • How to DSLR scan your film negatives (VIDEO)
    • What you’ll need: Hardware
    • What you’ll need: Software
    • The ideal “all-RAW” workflow
    • Image Comparisons
    • Conclusion & Comments
    Ready? Let’s scan some film!

Whoever works with film and scans his negatives. Here is a plugin for LR which might be interesting for you.

It's made by Nate Photographic who also signs for the impressive LR presets X-Chrome, K-Chrome and E-Chrome.

https://www.negativelabpro.com/

Best,
    Leona

Last edited: 15 Feb 2019
    camerapointer, f29, feedme123 and 5 others like this.
  2. fstop760

fstop760 Silver IV

No Limit
    Not sure if you still need this or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.