Nick Fancher - The Creative Portrait pt.2

Discussion in 'Photo Tutorials' started by Electric Shock, 18 Aug 2024.

1. Electric Shock

Electric Shock Gold Nova

No Limit
    poster2.jpg

This is the second episode in a video series that delves deep into how I execute creative portraits in my studio. In this episode I cover the following setups:

• Using a projector as light source
    • Customizing images to project onto my subject
    • Balancing a projected image on my subject with a strobe on the background and a slow shutter speed to create vibrant, kinetic images
    • Projecting custom images as a background
    • Balancing a projected image on the background and a strobe on my subject with a slow shutter speed to create kinetic, vibrant images
    • Customizing the projected image to my subjects features
    • Using a custom snoot on my subject and projecting images through fog to create a colorful haze
    • Using a gelled LED on my subject and a strobe on my background with a slow shutter speed to get subtle, painterly results
    • Shooting the reflection on a cracked mirror to get a prismatic result
    • Bouncing a light into a cracked mirror to reflect the shape of the cracks onto my subject
    • Using mylar to create warped reflections of my subject
    • Adding water drops to mylar to create an added layer of texture
    • Shooting through an air filter to create textured, painterly images
    Once I begin breaking down a certain technique, my camera and light settings are displayed on the screen along with real-time raw files to make it easy to follow along. I also take you through how I color grade the file in Lightroom.

https://www.nickfancher.com/video-tutorials-lightroom-tutorials/the-creative-portrait-pt-2

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 18 Aug 2024