Not fair

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Yelaiah, 11 Nov 2022.

1. Yelaiah

Yelaiah Silver III

I'm a new gold member who's trying to cooperate with the group uploading interesting photography stuff that I don't see here. Besides also, like you, I enjoy downloading stuff that I need or simply for fun of doing it.
    We are allowed to have 20 likes to download whatever we like, every 24 hours which to me is a decent amount of likes.
    The problem is that many of those likes go to certain uploaders that have retired the product, so they enjoy the likes but you, me and everyone else lose the likes that could be used to download something that certainly is in there.
    I don't believe is fair to anyone, in addition of that, I feel cheated every time that that happens to me.
    what I really bothers me is from those who have a TRUSTED sign hanging and do exactly the opposite to trust them; because they know precisely that the product isn't there anymore and they keep receiving likes for absolutely doing nothing, fair? No isn't!
    I see many requests in different threads asking them politely to re-post the product, but instead they just ignore those requests.
    I know many of the uploaders respond to those requests and I thank you, but no all.
    I don't know if anyone else had ever posted something similar or feel the same way I do, but I have to say it.
    Thank you!!

2. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Welcome to the club, it is what it is but eventually those 20 likes are plenty as you start downloading a ton of good stuff and then lesser and lesser things will interesting or available, Yesterday I clicked on like 8 posts that were dead links or missing folder links.
    It is what it is.. No way of the moderators to control this I imagine.
    Welcome to the site...
    PS. If you have a lot of things to share, start by sharing and when you get 1000 like you will have NO limit on liking and it will be no longer a problem for you.:eek:
    There is also a limit on how many post you can share per day as well. I think like one per day, I try to share something every day.
    Hope you have some goodies!!!

3. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    While I can certainly empathize with your frustration - keep in mind that it's only 'til ya get 1000 likes. See FAQs here https://p-v.club/threads/faq.18/

I personally try to keep up on the links of my posts - but since the links are "at best" temporary and none are hosted on any permanent server directly on this site - it's the "see-saw" nature of sharing with recognizing the limitations. One can easily "burn" their 20-like daily limit on 20 dead posts (at least in theory) . . . :(

You do raise an interesting point, though. I think the limit should be increased for those who have paid (or even perhaps been gifted) Gold. Not "unlimited" - - - but somewhere "between 20 - ??"

Perhaps a fair question to those in Admin . . . :cool:

I believe those posts that are not refreshed or with non-functioning links get booted to the DEAD category after a certain amount of time - - - so I hold opinion on those "trusted" members losing that particular status . . .

Last edited: 11 Nov 2022
    dinobytes likes this.
  4. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    I too try to keep up with links that no longer work. I have a myriad of threads here, and unless someone posts a kind REQUEST for a reup, i often time miss the non working ones.
    I agree the limit should be increased especially for GOLD members.

5. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I agree with Nikon4Life, Being gold should let us have more likes but I am totally happy with the gold mine here either way. Just imagine any one small share pays 10 fold the Payment for Gold status and is a no brainer in my mind.
    I imagine it is hard to keep up with all the dead links for the administrators. They should have a report button or something on the post so they can be informed. I guess they do not do that to give the original poster a chance to re-upload or for someone to mirror the link if they happen to have the share.
    I am new and my first couple of days were downloading like crazy and going over my 20 like limit but now I am more choosey at what I decide to press like at. But it is frustrating pressing like and getting dead links, specially when even people have mirrored the links further down and also are dead links. I noticed most workload links with password files seem to hold up longer...

6. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

there is a report button on each post.

7. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
  8. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

def report both non working posts to admin.
    all they can do is same as you.....request a mirror

9. heromikazuki

heromikazuki Silver II

i am also fairly new to the group and still studying up the rules and not break them.