[PDF,EPUB] Picture Perfect Practice ~ A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking...

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 15 Aug 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Picture Perfect Practice ~ A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs - Roberto Valenzuela

vYpiHR1.jpg
    6ClKRQm.jpg

Translating the chaos of the real world into a breathtakingly simple, beautiful photograph can often seem like an impossible task. With busy, cluttered backgrounds and subjects who don’t know how to pose, how can you take control and get a great shot no matter the situation? In Picture Perfect Practice, photographer Roberto Valenzuela breaks down the craft of photography into three key elements–locations, poses, and execution–that you can use to unlock the photographic opportunities lying beneath every challenging situation.

Valenzuela stresses the need for photographers to actively practice their craft every day–just like you would practice a musical instrument–in order to master the art of making great images. With chapters that offer practice exercises to strengthen your photographic abilities, you’ll learn how to approach a scene, break it down, and see your way to a great photograph. The Location section features chapters that cover symmetry, balance, framing, color elements, textures, and much more. The Posing section includes the Five Key Posing Techniques that Valenzuela uses every time he’s shooting people, as well as a complete list of poses and how to achieve, customize, and perfect them. The Execution portion, with sections like “Lighting through Direction” and “Simplicity through Subtraction,” reveals Valenzuela’s overall approach to getting the shot. The book also includes an inspiring and helpful chapter on deliberate practice techniques, where Valenzuela describes his system for practicing and analyzing his work, which leads to constant improvement as a photographer.

If you’ve been frustrated and overwhelmed by the challenges of real-world locations, posing your subjects, or executing a great image–or if you simply want to become a better shooter but don’t know where to start–Picture Perfect Practice gives you the tools and information you need to finally become the kind of photographer you’ve always wanted to be: the kind who can confidently walk into any location, under any lighting condition, with any subject, and know that you can create astonishing photographs that have a timeless impact.

Biography

Roberto Valenzuela is a photographer based in Beverly Hills, CA. He has been honored by Canon USA to be one of the few chosen photographers to be part of their prestigious Canon Explorers of Light program. Roberto believes that it is not talent but deliberate practice that is at the core of skill and achievement. He has traveled to every corner of the world motivating photographers to practice and break down the various elements of photography in order to master them through goal-setting, self-training, and constant dedication. He is the author of the best-selling books Picture Perfect Practice and Picture Perfect Posing.

REVIEWS

I almost didn't create a review for this product because I wanted to keep it as my own little best kept secret but it's just too good not to share. (If nothing else let this be my feeble way of thanking the author for creating it!)

My husband and I have this longstanding theory that no artist is every really going to share all of his/her secrets with you in a book, a workshop or otherwise, and based on every book and workshop I've ever taken I've found this theory to be alive and well. They give you just enough information to *think* you're going to learn a ton but you're left feeling like there was something missing--SOMETHING they just didn't share that would make all the puzzle pieces fit.
    Then in comes Roberto Valenzuela and Picture Perfect Practice. He covers so many aspects of good photography it will literally take me years to master all that he has provided for devouring. That's not to say the concepts he shares are difficult per se, it's simply that there are so many things he covers, that to practice them to a point of mastery is no easy task. The book is organized well, by topic, and he provides key tips for practicing. He's really opened my eyes to the notion that photographers see the world differently. Not just during a session but every day. Every object is transformed by the photographers eye and this is percicely what he helps you to develop: your eye.

I can't recommend this book highly enough. I have paid thousands of dollars for workshops that have contained a third of what I've found in this book for under $30. With this workbook and dedicated practice to the craft, I defy you not to become the photographer you are destined to be. Keep on clickin!
    ---
    Incredible. One of the best photography books out there! Buy it now!!

If you want to be a terrible, or average photographer, don't buy this book. If you wish your 5D mkIII had a pop-up flash, this book's not for you. If you think Instagram filters are the answer, this book isn't for you either.

If you're serious about becoming a great photographer, buy the book and read it, please! You'll be the best photographer on your block. After reading it, try actually practicing the exercises. You might become the best photographer in your whole town. The next thing you know, you might be wearing a snazzy vest and teaching classes at WPPI. I might even ask for your autograph and take a selfie with you. In short... please buy this book and get really, really good. You really need this! I've read the book two times myself and my kids think I'm an incredible photographer. Thanks Roberto!

REFERENCE:
    https://www.amazon.com/Picture-Perfect-Practice-Self-Training-World-Class/dp/0321803531

DOWNLOAD:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Gaffeln, pekkatapio, dhcnet and 43 others like this.
  2. Stewie

Stewie Veteran

No Limit
    The folder is empty. :(

3. Dan Bergen

Dan Bergen New Member

Gold Member
    empty folder

4. Thunder

Thunder Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    The following is working link
    Picture Perfect Practice ~ A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs - Roberto Valenzuela

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

keekapoo, Tirelo, diosdado and 17 others like this.
  5. diosdado

diosdado Veteran

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
  6. JohnDo

JohnDo Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    MIRROR

Picture Perfect Practice ~ A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking... [PDF]

vYpiHR1_resize_resize.jpg

Hidden Content:

7. diosdado

diosdado Veteran

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    thanks

keekapoo likes this.